The 2011 SEMA Show, the world's largest automotive specialty show, recently drew more than 115,000 professionals to the Las Vegas Convention Center for four action-packed days, highlighting the latest trends and newest products in the specialty-equipment industry.
Experts including Jason Carner of Blue Torch Fabworks, Carter Dison of Detroit Speed and Zane Cullen of Cotati Speed Shop joined Miller this year at SEMA providing daily automotive welding presentations and advice from a special designated area in the Miller booth. Show attendees also had the chance to sign up to win free product and other cool prizes from these shops including t-shirts, shop gift cards and one lucky winner received a Gen 1 or Gen 2 front suspension kit valued at approximately $2,000.
More from the Miller booth at SEMA
Show attendees were encouraged to test out Miller’s newest generation of MIG welding, TIG welding and plasma cutting equipment. Visitors got “under the hood” to try their hand at welding and get their technical questions answered by Miller product experts. Other products on display and available for demonstration included:
- Diversion™ 180 TIG welder: this easy-to-use welder can connect to 115V or 230V power and features a digital display for accurate adjustment of weld settings.
- Dynasty® 200 Series TIG welder; this welder combines advanced inverter technology with Auto-Line™ technology, offering the most flexible AC/DC TIG/Stick power supply in the welding industry.
- Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ MIG welder with MVP™, featuring a 30- to 210-amp MIG welding output and a great low-end arc for sheet metal work.
- Millermatic® 212 Auto-Set™, also a 210-amp unit, but with a higher duty cycle for making longer welds on thicker material.
- Spoolmate™ 100 and 200 Series spool guns, offering reliable and economical direct-connect solutions for home hobbyists and light fabricators looking for smooth feeding of aluminum wire.
- NEW Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ , an 18-lb. plasma cutter with the power to cut 3/8-in. steel in a single pass.
- NEW Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™ , a 21-lb. plasma cutter with the power to cut 5/8-in. mild steel in a single pass.
- S-Series ArcStation™, a welding workbench that offers an affordable and fully customizable work space designed for a variety of both professional and hobbyist welding applications.
- NEW F-Series ArcStation™, a portable welding workbench with a folding design, convenient handle and wheels that offer the ability to take the 74-lb. bench to the jobsite or to move freely around a shop or garage.
- NEW Sinister™, Blue Heat™ and ’64 Custom™ graphics, and other designs from the Miller line of auto-darkening welding helmets.
- Arc Armor® gloves, welding jackets and other protective apparel from Miller’s line of Arc Armor® welding protection, including the NEW Classic Series helmet.