Weld data monitoring options
When it’s time to choose a solution, there are several options available, ranging from basic to more advanced.
Insight Core is an easy-to-use welding information solution that gives visibility into your operation so you can improve productivity. Think of Insight Core as a passive monitoring tool.
Insight Core allows you to:
- Measure welding productivity. Operations can see each welder’s arc-on time, which can be used to set baselines, plan improvements and measure progress toward goals.
- View easy-to-understand reports. Data that’s hard to analyze can hide important facts about your welding operation. Insight Core dashboards allow operations to identify important trends and develop reports with data that can be analyzed for action. Use the data to evaluate comparisons between operators, cells and plants.
- Identify welding costs. Not knowing true welding costs keeps operations from realizing where costs can be lowered. Insight Core helps you identify the costs in the welding operation, so you can make improvements that reduce expenses.
- Install and use easily. Insight Core only requires an internet connection to gather data. Secure data is viewable from anywhere on any web-connected device.
Multiple levels of customizable dashboards provide an at-a-glance view of performance. The system provides vital facts about the machines in operation, including:
- Amperage and volts
- Arc-on time and arc starts
- Weld deposition amounts
In addition to helping identify and track production goals as part of continuous improvement initiatives, the dashboards can collectively help companies assess their costs. They provide information to determine true welding costs, identify areas where costs could be reduced and track the outcome of cost-reduction efforts.
With powerful reporting tools that allow customized views of each of these dashboards, it’s easier for leadership to analyze the company’s productivity and goal metrics in a way that is the most intuitive to them.
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of Insight Core technology.
Insight Centerpoint is a real-time welder feedback solution that provides guidance and control within the weld cell to help prevent missed welds and ensure consistent weld quality. Think of this solution as an active control suite.
Insight Centerpoint allows you to:
- Reduce training time. A complex weld sequence can require a lot of training time. Insight Centerpoint helps reduce training time by guiding welders through a weld sequence in real time — with feedback.
- Ensure quality welds. Out-of-parameter welds create rework if they aren’t captured early in the weld cycle. Insight Centerpoint can monitor every parameter of every weld, which helps operations contain weld defects early and provides more control of the weld operation.
- Reduce costs. Missed or defective welds that aren’t detected early in the process are more costly to fix later. Insight Centerpoint alerts welders if a weld is missed or if a weld is outside of acceptable parameters, allowing it to be corrected more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of Insight Centerpoint weld data monitoring.