Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Default 280DX Amplitude Adjustment

Minutes ago I was over on the dark side (WW). Oscar talks of an upcoming software upgrade to give a Dynasty 280DX amplitude adjust ability. Is he correct?

There's a update thats been out since early july, is that the one your talking about? download to a sim card, plug it into your machine

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    There's a update thats been out since early july, is that the one your talking about? download to a sim card, plug it into your machine
    Are you guys talking about independent AC amplitude adjustment like on the Dynasty 350DX..??

"Independent amplitude/amperage control allows EP and EN amperages to be set independently to precisely control heat input to the work and electrode. "

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00168
    Last edited by H80N; 08-05-2014 at 12:23 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Default Sim Card

Could you spell that out in crayon? I've only a vague idea what a Sim card is. Where would I download it from?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

If you're missing your old simple and faithfull dialarc, i can trade you mine for that complicated 280..i'll even pay shipping both ways ... i know, i'm always nice like that.

for the sim card here is a pic, i'm surprised it's not a sd or micro sd card for up grading.

can't post a pic right now, it doesn't upload, google it willie, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    Could you spell that out in crayon? I've only a vague idea what a Sim card is. Where would I download it from?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
    You know, those little memory cards you stuff in your digital camera. So not the little little one, the next size up. Then you stuff it in your computer, go to Miller tig downloads, and save it to that sim card. then stuff the sim card into your 280. Turn the unit on,, and presto, it loads the new programming into it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    If you're missing your old simple and faithfull dialarc, i can trade you mine for that complicated 280..i'll even pay shipping both ways ... i know, i'm always nice like that.

for the sim card here is a pic, i'm surprised it's not a sd or micro sd card for up grading.

can't post a pic right now, it doesn't upload, google it willie, good luck
    I am deeply touched by your generosity, but could never accept such a gesture. I am nominating you for sainthood.

I,m sorry to be so obtuse. I'm pretty good at book learnin, If there is a book that covers all this technology stuff, I haven't found it.
    Do you know those 1950 era medicine cabinets with a slot in the back, when you renovate the bathroom, the wall is full of razor blades? I thought the slots in computers and welders was for the same purpose. Maybe it's good I don't shave.

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Are you guys talking about independent AC amplitude adjustment like on the Dynasty 350DX..??

"Independent amplitude/amperage control allows EP and EN amperages to be set independently to precisely control heat input to the work and electrode. "

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00168
    I ask you guys again....

is this what you are talkimg about on capability upgrade..??

or is it just a firmware REV....??

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default Found It....

OK.... found a service note in the owners manual section...

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o267827b_mil.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 08-06-2014 at 08:51 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200