Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GlenC View Post
    cruizer, What is your take on the 352MPa Plus setup? The XMT would only be if I wanted 400A stick or TIG, but not really needed, having 400A MIG...
    FWIW.... the MM350P is a 400 Amp MIG Machine @ 30% Duty Cycle ...

See Section 4-2 on Page 12 (Page 16 of PDF)

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1327ah_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

I'm just looking at options and get caught up in "deals".... I can go MM252 for about $2300 and I would hope to find a MM350P around $3000 and can get a Invision 352MPa/S-74MPa around $4200... You know, spend an additional $2k to save $5K....

All 3 machines are 1-phase...
    252 = 200A 60% 230V@46A (250A @ 40%, 300A @ 27%) MSRP $2,904
    350P = 300A 60% 230V@61A (350A @ 40%, 400A @ 30%) MSRP $5,404
    352MPa = 300A 60% 230V@54.6A (350A @ 40%) MSRP $10,705

Probably don't need any of them, but cannot venture into doing anything needing power I don't have... I just need to get my old Cadillac sold and a friend pay back the $1k I loaned him, then the decision is much easier!
    Glen
    Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45
    For Sale! - Hobart Handler 150 - Miller EconoTwin HF

Since you are so open to hearing about other benefits, I will say on steel with my 350P I prefer to use .035 most of the time.
    The machine will pump enuf metal into all but the biggest projects and you can turn it down to nothing and weld super thin stuff as well
    I never use our 110v mig anymore.....the 350P simply covers the entire range in the shop.
    It would be be beneficial for you to run these machines before you buy if possible. Different machine have different arcs and the 350P arc is adjustable.
    On pulse spray you can adjust the length and width and on straight mig you can tune the inductance.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Since you are so open to hearing about other benefits, I will say on steel with my 350P I prefer to use .035 most of the time.
    The machine will pump enuf metal into all but the biggest projects and you can turn it down to nothing and weld super thin stuff as well
    I never use our 110v mig anymore.....the 350P simply covers the entire range in the shop.
    It would be be beneficial for you to run these machines before you buy if possible. Different machine have different arcs and the 350P arc is adjustable.
    On pulse spray you can adjust the length and width and on straight mig you can tune the inductance.
    These are some of the reasons I am looking at the more advanced machines.... just like my buying a Cayenne to replace my Cherokee!
    Glen

Not really a good reference as the Cayenne break down constantly at $$$ expense

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Not really a good reference as the Cayenne break down constantly at $$$ expense
    Not really, got mine with 60K and now have 81K.... Oil changes, 1 plug coil, A/C fan motor.... It has been awesome!
    Glen

/Had one , just a pain, I'll stick with my jeep Commander Hemi, and my several other toys

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    /Had one , just a pain, I'll stick with my jeep Commander Hemi, and my several other toys
    Had an 06 Turbo...(got new...put 40k miles on it). all in all... am really glad we kept our old Audi Allroad... which is still a better car all the way around

I did like the ignition key though... combination key, flashlight... mini Matchbox Cayenne effigy etc...

But weren't we talking welders??.....

For my money... it is still the MM350P... in the MIG category..
    Last edited by H80N; 08-13-2014 at 01:05 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

So looking at new Millers, is $1500 additional for the 350P over the 252 a okay or great deal?
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by GlenC View Post
    So looking at new Millers, is $1500 additional for the 350P over the 252 a okay or great deal?
    Well, unless your going to be doing alot of thin wall steel, or aluminum, not really worth the price. Again, I'm a repair tech, so I don't have much to say about the welding point of view. However, I do know that the front display/programing board crashes alot in the MM350/p's

The 252's appear to have sub menu issues when guys fool with settings they have no clue about, other wise don't have many failures