Miller Introduces New FILTAIR® Industrial Centralized Weld Fume Extraction Series which Features up to 65 percent Smaller Footprint with Five Models up to 12,000 cfm
APPLETON, Wis., — December 12, 2011 — Miller Electric Mfg. Co. introduces the new FILTAIR® Industrial Centralized Weld Fume Extraction Series. This new product line from Miller includes five base models (2,000, 4,000, 6,000, 8,000 and 12,000 cfm) and is extremely customizable to a wide variety of welding cells and applications. Requiring up to 65 percent less floor space than traditional cartridge collectors, Miller’s new FILTAIR Industrial Centralized Fume Extraction Series is ideal for industrial welding environments as well as vocational/technical schools.
This new system combines Miller TruLock™ Filter technology with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) 15 nanofiber filter pack to guarantee superior performance in immediately capturing up to 95 percent of all submicron particles (based on ASHRAE 52.2 test standards). One FILTAIR nanofiber filter pack replaces up to three traditional cartridge filters, reducing both costs and maintenance. The system also features both an online and offline Linear Jet Automatic Cleaning System for longer filter pack life and reduced maintenance. The filter packs are easily accessible, require no tools for maintenance, and are surface loading for easy cleaning and long service life.
Combine the FILTAIR Industrial Centralized Fume Extraction Series with Miller’s full line of ducting, arms and accessories, and you have a true total solution package. The system can also be matched with Miller’s new Automation Hood, designed to work exclusively for fume extraction with Miller Welding Automation’s line of PerformArc Robotic Welding Systems.
FILTAIR Industrial Centralized Weld Fume Extraction Series Facts:
- MERV 15 — traditional filters carry a MERV rating of 7-11. Welding fumes require a more robust system, which is why Miller’s system is rated MERV 15 and is capable of trapping weld particles from 0.2 to 1 micron.
- TruLock advantage — nanofiber technology uses a surface webbing of small fibers to capture weld fumes on the surface, including submicron particles. Nanofiber filters can last up to twice as long as traditional filters. The surface-loading nature of the design captures the particles at the surface of the filter rather than depth loading, improving cleaning and performance.
- Superior suction power — ability to maintain movement of large volumes of air at recommended velocities and low pressure drop is ideal for industrial applications.
- Easy filter access and maintenance — Miller filter packs are designed for ease of use and a long life. Through the proprietary rotary filter locks on the FILTAIR system, one employee can easily maintain the standalone system.
- Total weld solution — The Miller FILTAIR Industrial Centralized Weld Fume Extraction Series is a fully assembled weld fume extractor providing all the tools necessary to meet industrial local exhaust ventilation needs with the flexibility to customize to the job.