Miller Introduces Gas Model of EnPak® A30GBW Power System for Work Trucks
Work truck operators can now choose between gas and diesel options
APPLETON, Wis. (April 16, 2019) — Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller® brand arc welding equipment, has introduced the new gas model of its EnPak A30GBW all-in-one power system. The model will be available beginning May 1.
The EnPak A30GBW can decrease truck engine idle time by up to 75 percent, reducing costly maintenance and unplanned downtime. Because this all-in-one is now available in diesel and gas models, fleet managers and truck operators can standardize fuel type and/or integrate the power system into the truck’s fuel system — eliminating the need to fill two tanks.
With Chassis Power, the EnPak A30GBW maintains the power capabilities of a traditional PTO system, all while the truck’s engine is turned off. Capabilities and additional features of the EnPak A30GBW solution include:
- A rotary screw compressor that delivers 30 cfm of compressed air on demand to power virtually any air tool, including most 3/4-inch impact wrenches. Rotary screw compressors fill faster and run quieter than reciprocating designs, for an improved work environment.
- Up to 100 amps of DC power for 12/24-volt battery charging at idle, up to 150 amps of DC power for chassis battery support and up to 300 amps for crank assist.
- A 6,500-watt generator (8,000 watts peak) for 120/240-volt AC power needs.
- 210 amps of inverter-based weld power, delivering a smooth, stable arc for MIG, DC TIG and stick welding.
- A compact design that delivers big capabilities in a small footprint — just 47 inches long, 20 inches wide and 28 inches tall — and saves up to 200 pounds compared to competitive units or 400 pounds compared to using a PTO-powered air compressor and separate engine-driven welder generator.
- A remote panel with simple, straightforward controls and a weld/battery output panel. An optional Auxiliary Power panel is also available. The location of the panels helps the user save steps and reduces the risk of operator injury by eliminating the need to climb into the truck bed to make adjustments.
- CAN bus connectivity that allows the unit to connect to the vehicle’s telematics system, so fleets can monitor EnPak engine data, machine loads and usage. This allows fleet managers to track service intervals and proactively schedule maintenance.
Learn more about the EnPak A30GBW from Miller.
# # #