Miller Introduces the EnPak A30GBW Power System for Work Trucks
All-in-one solution helps keep idle off work trucks to reduce maintenance, downtime and operating expenses
APPLETON, Wis. (Dec. 13, 2018) — Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller® brand arc welding equipment, has announced the new EnPak A30GBW power system, available in diesel models in February 2019 and gasoline models to follow in April 2019. This all-in-one work truck solution can decrease truck engine idle time by up to 75 percent, reducing costly maintenance and unplanned downtime.
“For work truck fleet managers looking to keep idle time off their class 3 to 5 trucks, the EnPak A30 unit is the quietest, most fuel-efficient all-in-one that maintains PTO-driven power capabilities,” says Matt Sherrick, product manager, Power Systems Division, Miller. “This compact, lightweight solution is backed by the industry-leading reliability and performance that users expect from Miller — so truck operators are ready for anything.”
Tier 4 diesel truck engines that use a PTO to run jobsite tools risk truck downtime due to unnecessary idling. The more a work truck idles, the more frequently it needs maintenance. By significantly cutting truck engine idle time, the EnPak A30GBW solution reduces the associated maintenance costs and downtime.
The EnPak A30GBW all-in-one solution maintains the power capabilities of a traditional PTO system — including compressed air, electrical power, battery charging and welding — all while the truck’s engine is turned off. This helps operations improve the bottom line, maximize efficiency and keep technicians and customers satisfied.
Work truck operators can also back up their truck battery with the EnPak A30GBW unit. Chassis Power technology provides up to 150 amps of 12-volt DC power back to the truck battery and automatically recharges it as needed throughout the day — with the truck turned off. Operators no longer need to run the truck engine to power electronics, lights or their electric-over-hydraulic cranes, and they can turn off their truck without worrying about draining the truck battery — leaving them stranded.
The system also improves fuel consumption and optimizes efficiency with two industry exclusives: Auto-Speed™ and Auto Start/Stop technologies. Auto-Speed technology automatically adjusts the engine to run at the lowest speed to match compressed air, battery charge and weld demands of the job — providing 100 amps of welding power at idle. Auto Start/Stop automatically turns the engine on and off based on demand. In addition to fuel savings, these technologies also reduce noise, which enhances safety and improves the work environment.
Because the EnPak A30GBW system is available in diesel and gas models, fleet managers and truck operators can standardize fuel type and/or integrate the power system into the truck’s fuel system — eliminating the need to fill two tanks.
Power capabilities and additional features of the EnPak A30GBW all-in-one solution include:
- A rotary screw compressor that delivers 30 cfm of compressed air on demand to power virtually any air tool, including most 3/4-inch impact wrenches. Rotary screw compressors fill faster and run quieter than reciprocating designs, for an improved work environment.
- Up to 100 amps of DC power for 12/24-volt battery charging at idle, up to 150 amps of DC power for chassis battery support and up to 300 amps for crank assist.
- A 6,500-watt generator (8,000 watts peak) for 120/240-volt AC power needs.
- 210 amps of inverter-based weld power, delivering a smooth, stable arc for MIG, DC TIG and stick welding.
- A compact design that delivers big capabilities in a small footprint — just 47 inches long, 20 inches wide and 28 inches tall — and saves up to 220 pounds compared to competitive units.
- A remote panel with simple, straightforward controls and a weld/battery output panel. An optional 120/240-volt outlet panel is also available. These panels save time and reduce the risk of operator injury by eliminating the need to climb into the truck bed to make adjustments.
- CAN bus connectivity that allows the unit to connect to the vehicle’s telematics system, so fleets can monitor EnPak engine data, machine loads and usage. This allows fleet managers to track service intervals and proactively schedule maintenance.
For more information, visit MillerWelds.com.
# # #