Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: plan's

what did you mean about the "it doesnt make sence most trucks are prewired".. its kinda good cz you just buy a harness from like Valley, hidden hitch , or curt and just wire the break controller and the harness together and plug em in... i think it was only like f-250 and up have the harness.. i'm not shure about smaller trucks like the F-150 or the dakota.. i know they have the factory tow-package tho.. it makes sense to me tho .. it makes my life easer .. hey Dabar :; do you make enclosed trailers too?.. there is no money up here for it cz we have to compete with haulmark and wells cargo.. i built one before and it was a lot of work... all the rivets sucked
    Jorgensen MFG.
    Custom trailers:from utility to semi trailers i make em all.
    argonweld_bjorn@hotmail.com
    www.ehhitch.com

Default bmxin^bjorn what I meant was

When I said it doesn't make any sense to me, I was refering to the fact that these other builders go through the expense of putting a brake axle on a trailer then never wiring it up. I can't compete with the enclosed trailers, we have only one guy local building the enclosed and he has to build such a cheap peice of junk to compete with the guy's up in Georgia. If I need an enclosed trailer I call a buddy of mine that goes up and picks up 5 or 6 at a time. I can't build them for what he's paying for them. Most of the trailer dealers around here are doing the same thing now. It used to be everyone carried Wells Cargo, Big Tex or Haulmark, now they are all selling these cheap trailers around here. And I do mean cheap as I would never put my name on them. But on the bright side I do get a lot of repair work from the guys. Did you get those 5x10 frame pics I sent you? Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Post brakes

ohh.. ok i see what your saying now. Your completely right its kinda dumb.. lol. . why would you put brakes on a trailer and not wire em ,, sounds stupid to me.. may as well not even put any on then.
    Jorgensen MFG.
    Custom trailers:from utility to semi trailers i make em all.
    argonweld_bjorn@hotmail.com
    www.ehhitch.com