Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese welders

Default Chinese welders

Anyone have experience with the Chinese diesel welders.

Just curious as I'm in China right now on other projects. I'm checking out a manufacturer today.

Looking into a dual operator 300Amp units, stainless case, with any kind of Diesel engine desired.

Jeff

These are all 10Kw, 360 amp dc dual operator units, but your right they are rather heavy for some reason. They would design it to our specs, Still, the low landed cost and long warranties is good for us and the end user

Reasonably high tech, wireless capabilities, potted circuit boards (like Lincoln)

5-7yr warranty on generator, I'd assume 3 yrs on engine

We are meeting with the engineers today to discuss.

Jeff
    You might also want to look close that the units are
    not a "copy" of an existing design. I'm a Honda dealer
    and I know Honda is going after some companies importing
    things into the US that they feel are infringing on their stuff.
    I'd bet Miller and Lincoln would go after someone also.
    Parts and service support will be a marketing issue.
    I think welders are pretty brand loyal.
    Dave P.

Quote Originally Posted by FM117 View Post
    Jeff
    You might also want to look close that the units are
    not a "copy" of an existing design. I'm a Honda dealer
    and I know Honda is going after some companies importing
    things into the US that they feel are infringing on their stuff.
    I'd bet Miller and Lincoln would go after someone also.
    Parts and service support will be a marketing issue.
    I think welders are pretty brand loyal.
    Dave P.
    The ones i've see don't look like a Honda. They usually have a very chinese diesel in them but from what I've seen they will be amazingly cheap.

Miller and lincoln need to see the handwriting on the wall because they are going to get biffed.

Every one of us will be able to list 5 reasons why the domestic low end machines are better, and these things will fly off the shelves of some place like Harbor freight and Home depot isolating our red and blue friends in the premium market which isn't big enough for them to live in.
    rvannatta
    www.vannattabros.com
    Miller Bobcat 225G
    Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
    Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
    Lincoln Vantage 400
    Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

No Way In HE!! Would I Buy Anything But An American Made True Blue Miller. If Your In China Just Leave That Sh$t There. All of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    No Way In HE!! Would I Buy Anything But An American Made True Blue Miller. If Your In China Just Leave That Sh$t There. All of it.
    Then STOP using your Trailblazer, Dynasty, or practically any welding machine, consumable or wire. Because the consumables including the wire your using comes out of India and South Korea. The design comes out of America, but most of the parts come out of China and other countries. Heck open up that Italian made Lincoln 160T, guess what. Parts for it come out of China as well. Companies have to keep costs down, so they search the world.

Makes sense.

Just because it says "Made in America" doesn't mean that the internal parts come from America! A Miller 251 drive motor used to say made in China on the back.

I can get a 58hp Duetz, Perkins, Cummins, or a China diesel even with a turbo here (in China) ( Many brands are made here)
    and a generator here for like $2 grand US and build the rest of the unit myself and call it "Made in north America" .

Heck, your Makita grinders (japanese) are made in Korea)

I should have said American DESINGED and TESTED. You bring up valid points but I dont have to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    Jeff, the other day you said you were meeting with the engineers. I was wondering what more you found out since that meeting.
    Meeting with the engineers today, it's 8:30am here. the package looks ok, though a new design might be better off for the Canadian market.

Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    Well these new units will be north american designed and tested. They're still made overseas, like much of the stuff we consume on a regular basis.

Well untill I find out something crazy like Miller is having their stuff desinged and tested in America but fully assembled overseas im sticking with Miller machines ONLY.