Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default rigs not working in alberta

just wondering how many rig welders in alberta on this forum, that are not working right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs down I'm not working

I 'm not. Last winter I was getting 10-15 calls a week to go and weld pipe, and they where head hunting me like a bugger Real slow fall and the winter
    doesnt seem to be going any better. You use to be able to play it by ear but
    this past year was real odd There is work, lots of general
    welding all over Calgary but no 30G's a month kind of stuff more like enough
    to make bills and have some spending money. Late 2006 for me was my worst
    in all of my 7 years as a welder
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Thumbs up Canadians

Have I mentioned that I love Canadians? Not the Michael Moore loving Canadians....**** good people.
    Matt Adams A&P, IA
    Trailblazer 302
    Dialarc HF

Default oui

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Have I mentioned that I love Canadians? Not the Michael Moore loving Canadians....**** good people.
    Thanks bud. Ya those f*ck'en Canadians that love that kind of sh*t all live
    over on the east side of Canada, there all FRENCH, just like the USA cant stand them ,ether can Alberta. Texas and Alberta are alot alike, land oilpatch, ranches and we love to scr*w the ladies I guess there is one thing that is different, You guys talk real wierd. Ya all come back now ya here
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Default **** Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    Thanks bud. Ya those f*ck'en Canadians that love that kind of sh*t all live
    over on the east side of Canada, there all FRENCH, just like the USA cant stand them ,ether can Alberta. Texas and Alberta are alot alike, land oilpatch, ranches and we love to scr*w the ladies I guess there is one thing that is different, You guys talk real wierd. Ya all come back now ya here
    I still can't figure out Canadian country music but when I was in the service in Bosnia I used the port-a-potty next to Paul Brandt (he was in the next port-a-potty...just to clarify) We had a Canadian apache pilot in our unit for about 2 years... great guy
    Eh.
    Matt Adams A&P, IA
    Trailblazer 302
    Dialarc HF

Default Alberta

From alberta but i am working i know a few guys that arent though and i know some that shouldn't be working but are
    your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
    2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
    PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
    here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Default reach around guys

Quote Originally Posted by lynx_welding View Post
    From alberta but i am working i know a few guys that arent though and i know some that shouldn't be working but are
    That is so very true
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Wink Hangin in there coal/guys

I,ve been up and down around my way the last 3 mos.Today i did a small aluminum job on a single axle snomobile trailer.But i,m treading water down here also in the New england area, no snow is not helping me either as i have plows on both trucks and do repairs for customers
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

A lot of people don't advertise in the Yellow Pages. For years, I didn't either, until buying the portable rig.

Most of my Yellow Pages calls start around 5:00 p.m., when most every shop within 50 miles stops answering the phone. I like working after 5:00, time and a half means $120/hour. Most of these calls are get me dones. Not familiar with that term? They rarely care about the cost, as long as you can get them done & back on the road, or back in business.

If you don't have a Yellow Pages ad, you'll probably miss this type of business. Funny thing is that the ads have always paid for themselves with the first or second job - after that, they're free for the next twelve months

You can certainly leave business cards at truck stops, rest areas, DOT weigh stations, farm implement dealers, etc. Sometimes they work. For me, the Yellow Pages works 24/7/365.
    Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
    HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
    Clarke Hotshot

Coal smoke have you gone to the oildirectory.com
    try there
    your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
    2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
    PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
    here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1