Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

staa02 Guest

Default weekend business

Can anybody give me some info on setting up a small shop for a weekend business. I am just getting into welding and I have a small shed I have been setting up for a shop I just got it wired and need to outfit it with a table and accessories. Has any body done this? any info would be very helpful. Thanks SONNY

Thumbs up

if you just started welding i would not start a buissness this soon i would recomend getting some more experience first. that way you will know what to do when you encounter problems when you have a buissness. Also if you are going to have many tools out in your ''shed'' you should check how hany amps u have running to it and upgrade if needed. If u don't have enough amps your welding eqiptment will not function properley. good luck

Thumbs up

I think we probably all do this.
    Since you're new to this, start with very small jobs. Repairing lawn mower decks,garden tools etc. This will give you the practice and gain valuable experience towards bigger jobs.
    Don't get discouraged!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by staa02
    Can anybody give me some info on setting up a small shop for a weekend business. I am just getting into welding and I have a small shed I have been setting up for a shop I just got it wired and need to outfit it with a table and accessories. Has any body done this? any info would be very helpful. Thanks SONNY
    It's an unfair question without more information. How much do you have to invest? What is your initial target market (what capabilities do you need from your entry-level equipment?) Tell us everything you can first, so we can be specific with our advice. Keep in mind that your budget will also need to include appropriate safety clothing and hood, plus things like grinder(s) and stuff.

Default Tell Us more

Quote Originally Posted by staa02
    Sonny, Can you tell us more as Mac suggested?
    Thanks, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Default tell us more

Sonny, Can you tell us more?

He probably can't find the link that brought him here the first and only time!!

Default business

He might have started the weekend business and don't have time to visit the forum *LOL*
    Farris