Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default plans

Quote Originally Posted by scottw
    Here are a few more projects:

scottw
    Scott do you have plans for the skid steer??

Default Skidsteer plans

Hi Moose, no I have no plans. It is just a build as I go project. I'll try and keep you guys posted with my progress. Currently I am busy with other stuff so the project is moving slowly.

scott

When you're using the backhoe, does it have enough weight or leverage to keep YOU in one place while it digs? Looks like a nice tool for all the trenching I do!

Default More pics

Hey Scott.
    WOW. As a self proclaimed gearhead (my wife calls me that too, but she's usually not smiling), the pics of your Malibu got me going. It's nice to see people still building the good cars, and not spending 10's of thousands to try to make their imported 'stuff' go fast. Is it pro street, or strictly for the track? I'd love to see more pics if you have any.
    And the hoe is cool too. Got build me one, just so that I can one-up the neighbors.
    Jeff
    The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force

Default My Stuff

Mac, you are correct, the machine is light weight. I find this a plus. Sometimes if you have very hard soil it takes a bit to get started. Once you "break" the ground, it dig very well. I don't have anything to compare it to though. I have only used my backhoe nothing else. It is important for the stabalizers to dig in to hold it back. I have dug sewer lines to repair them, and the sides of a house to fix a leak. It worked very well for both.
    When I get a little more time I will post some picks of the sewer line I dug.

Silver, the Malibu started out being built for the road. I never actually completed it. I sold it to a freind of my dad's so I could buy my first house. He finished it as a strip only car. It hooks hard and goes straight, yanking the front wheels about 6-8" off the ground. I was quite young when I built it. I also built a 1978 Regal that was tubbed as well. This car I did complete. It had a 396 BBC. It was my first Tub job, I was 16 or 17 when I started it, it was completed in about a year. When I get a chance I will dig up some more pics. Check back.....

scott

Default skid steer

I built a Rube Goldberg loader quick and dirty to keep me from building a Cadtrac. You may be interested to see both of them: http://flickr.com/photos/21702692@N05/2102196365/
    http://flickr.com/photos/21702692@N05/2102991394/
    http://cadplans.com/cadtrac.htm
    I wanted a tractor that didn't dig up the ground and was small. Rube Goldberg got kind of big--no plans either. You have to be careful with skid steers. You might think about some tracks for yours.
    Last edited by kklos2; 12-29-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: More info and grammar correction

Default Very nice!!!!!!!

Nice looking JOB!!!!!!!!,Looks like plenty of stabilty on the loader,,who cares what it looks like,some paint,that would look bew,,does it work?thats all that matters,,and some pint,looks store bought!!Thanks for the pics,Jack

Thumbs up Skid steer?

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Here are a few more projects:

scottw
    Tell me more about your skid steer. That is a sweet idea!!! How do you figur out size or hydro pump and motors for somthing like that? I have been wanting to do somthing like that with sommobile tracks. Any info would be helpful thanks!

Post more pics of the skid steer, very cool project. I've got a Bobcat that I love.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

I don't know if you guys realized this but this thread is dated from 2005.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en