Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Long time lurker introduction <pics>

I am not sure if this forum is linked to the "Ask Andy" forum, if it is, I appologize for double posting. I posted there before I found this forum.

I have been lurking around the "Ask Andy" forum for quite some time. I have enjoyed everyones post and have learned quite a bit. I am a longtime Miller fan. All the machines I have bought have always been Miller. I started out with a Miller "cricket" 110v mig. I had that machine for about 15yrs without any issues. My next machines were a Millermatic 210 and a syncrowave 180. I also have a Spectrum 300 plasma.

The only issue I have ever had was with the plasma. I made a simple email to Millers tech support and I must say their support was amazing! Scott H was extremely helpful. He went above and beyond my expectations. I am definately glad I have been a loyal Miller customer. Someday I will have to take a feild trip down there from Canada just to shake that guys hand, and of course see the facilities!

He figured you guys might enjoy some of my projects, so here are some pictures.

Scottw
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More Projects

Here are a few more projects:

scottw
    Attached Images Attached Images

i like the car and backhoe dis you get the backhoe plans from that cad plans place in popular mechanics?

Default backhoe plans

The plans for the backhoe came from cdp-backhoe.com. I found his design alot nicer. The machine is also somewhat smaller, so you can easily get it through a gate into a backyard.

scottw

how much does it cost to build one of those back hoe diggers?

Default backhoe

Hi there, depending on what deals you can find, you can save alot of money. I got a few good deals when building mine and it came in at about $2500cdn.

scott

Default plans

Quote Originally Posted by scottw
    Here are a few more projects:

scottw
    Scott do you have plans for the skid steer??

Default Skidsteer plans

Hi Moose, no I have no plans. It is just a build as I go project. I'll try and keep you guys posted with my progress. Currently I am busy with other stuff so the project is moving slowly.

scott

When you're using the backhoe, does it have enough weight or leverage to keep YOU in one place while it digs? Looks like a nice tool for all the trenching I do!

Default More pics

Hey Scott.
    WOW. As a self proclaimed gearhead (my wife calls me that too, but she's usually not smiling), the pics of your Malibu got me going. It's nice to see people still building the good cars, and not spending 10's of thousands to try to make their imported 'stuff' go fast. Is it pro street, or strictly for the track? I'd love to see more pics if you have any.
    And the hoe is cool too. Got build me one, just so that I can one-up the neighbors.
    Jeff
    The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force