Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    hampton101 Guest

Default glove feed back

I have just received my gloves and I have to say they are different from most kinds that I have used. I like the flexibility and how it is easier to handle materials. So far I have just used them for MIG welding. One thing I like to do when I have to go between welding and measuring and cutting materials is I use a lighter glove for my right hand which I use predominantly to hold the gun and a thicker glove for my left to steady myself and hold the piece being welded. I do it so I can use my pen or marker and hold smaller objects without taking my glove off. The smaller glove, materials glove, works well with this. Then I use the heavier MIG/Stick glove for my left. So far this works pretty well.
    I like the smaller details in the design of the gloves like extra layers, padding, and stitches in certain locations. Its nice because it allows the glove to bend and flex easier while providing more insulation and protection in the areas that are more likely to be used. I even like the softer cloth material on the materials handling gloves so I can wipe my face or scratch my nose. It feels nice on the skin. All the gloves feel very durable and well crafted, but I don't know how well they will protect against heat because overall they are fairly thin. I guess I will find out later.

Thumbs up Sundown

here is a link to the power click with the contest in it.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/powerclic...lick_0701.html
    good luck.
    the wife and i both lost out on it also. oh well cant wine them all.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Thumbs up

I just got my gloves and all I can say is VERY VERY nice. I wont be able to use them until I start Co-op program, I tried them all on and compared to most gloves I have worn these are by far the best. My mom received them today and she told me she paid $35 for them I said that was by far worth it theres like $71 worth of gloves in the box. But I will keep everyone posted when i get to use them. But so far just wearing them and for comfort I give them 4 thumbs up!

All I can say is Thank you Miller for the gloves and Ill wear them proud!
    Last edited by youngwelder_154; 02-26-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    here is a link to the power click with the contest in it.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/powerclic...lick_0701.html
    good luck.
    the wife and i both lost out on it also. oh well cant wine them all.
    Thanks for the link James, contest was over on the 21st and anyway I did find my copy, it was where I put Miller stuff and unread until now. My bad, thanks for the help anyway.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Gloves came to day, got to do some mig with the mig glove, great quality and fit ... so far so good ... more later.
    Regards, George

bummer about the dat thing, i did not notice a date on it when it came in. i always brows over the power clicks for new stuff comming out then check out the articals to see if any interest me then its off to the power click folder in my outlook express. i guess i just didnt pay any atention to the dade as i was done with it on day one LOL.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by hampton101 View Post
    I have just received my gloves ... so I can wipe my ... nose. It feels nice ....
    Just so everyone knows, this is my helper who's fast on his way to being a very qualified weldor. He's the one who built that last railing I posted pictures of. In fact, he's doing all the work while I'm in Mexico.

In fact, he's doing all the work while I'm in Mexico.
    must be nice.
    so dose that mean he got your gloves wile you were away. .lol just kidding.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Ok, well I'm going to chime in here as well. I received my gloves today. Well, they were sitting on my front porch when I got home from a week in PA. I must say there was a bit of awe factor when I opened the box. I know they are just gloves, but they had a good initial eye appeal to them. The first thing I noticed is the fact that even though they are XLs they still fit a little snug in length. Not that it was any big surprise. There are so few gloves that have enough length for my lanky hands. I guess that would be my first suggestion. Maybe a XXL or even an Athletic cut version. That is the term I discovered in the men's clothing world. When you are 6-4 and barely 200lbs, the Big and Tall stuff is just that...BIG and Tall. Not Bean-pole lanky and tall. One other item I noticed with these gloves that is similar to almost every other glove is the seams in the finger tip areas. It would be nice to have the tips of the thumb, index, and maybe the middle fingers to some how be a smooth, one piece design. My brother (who is an A&P) pointed this out about another set of mechanic gloves a few weeks ago. So many times you are trying to use those parts of your hands to do delicate handling and maneuvering that requires finger tip pressure feedback. with three or four pieces of leather seeming into those areas, the dexterity suffers. Granted, this would be more for mechanics, but I could see where it could be a plus for extremely delicate welding as well. And, in my case, the same gloves get used for just about everything around the shop.

Ok, well, that is just the feedback from today. I'll post more as I burn 'em in some. I must admit, I am already fond of the general purpose gloves. They saw a few hours of tractor work and some time on the end of a good ol fashion shovel to.

SSS

The mig gloves are very nice and work great with no problems so far, the work gloves on the other hand had developed a open seam on the index finger after about 10 hours wearing over the last two days. The thing is that I love these gloves as I can pickup things I never could with gloves on before and and they are comfortable for all day wearing. During the 10 hours of use I have done nothing that would cause a seam to come lose that I can remember ... if I would have paid for them I would be sad now, acually I am sad as I really like time to wear for general purpose.
    Regards, George