Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

I really like the tig gloves and will be buying them as soon as my stash of tillman 24CS's are gone.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Default wowwwwwwwwwwwwww

YOU KNOW FORUM IF I WAS ANY SLOWER I'D BE GOING BACKWARDS
    GOT A POWER-CLIK DIDNT READ THE THING AND MISSED OUT.
    DUMB MOVE ON MY PART.... MY BAD.
    ANY WHO... I'M Sure beyond a doubt miller glove are a quality product as like other miller things....BUT RIGHT NOW I'VE PURCHASED A PAIR OF TILLMANS 850-L's....AND I must state that these are the best gloves I've worn yet
    made of elk skin, deep cuffs,sewn with,kevlar the whole nine. I belive they are the top of the line tillmans makes.Guys you gotta check em out to see what I'm talkin about
    THEY ARE KNOWN AS TILLMAN PIPELINERS 850-L

Thumbs up an update

some one was asking about the Miller gloves the other night and i got to thinking i should do an update for the post here wile i had fresh pic's of the gloves. yep they are still alive and well ok so not as nice looking as when they got here but cirtenly still working just as well as day one. none of the seams have ripped, the leather is still soft and comfortable to where. feel is still good in all the fingers.
    in short the only way you can tell they have been used is by the apearence and smell i would suspect. i am verry impressed. none of the other gloves i have tryed have lasted this long without getting hard and brittel or shrinking up out of shape due to heat. i am still not using the heat shield i always used befor to try to save the other gloves from over hest shrinkage and britelness. so these gloves have had it much harder than my other's ever have. i have started lerning stick welding so they are aso getting exposed to that as well now and are holding up great.
    i fully expected to be buying new gloves long befor now, but as it looks it will still be a long time befor i need to replace them. so even with a $20 sticker price they have proven to be cheaper than the others mearly by far outlasting them. so taking out the cosmetics was expected and they did lose that nice look, but they still have the great feel and function.
    thanks again for the great gloves.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

After waiting a couple of months for my order of samples to get here, they finally arrived. I passed out the gloves to the crew for use, abuse, and comments, and the feedback was par to whats been written here already. Through myown useage over the past six weeks I've been very impressed with their durabillity among other things.

A couple of shots of my metal working gloves after six weeks / one pair, and every day use working on CAT equipment. Grease, heat, water, rough edges, you name it. Earlier today they looked like the ones in Fun4Now's post except I hand washed them this evening with Spray & Wash stain remover, revitalizing their youth. A few cuts, and the spandex back on the left hand is slowly burning from grinder sparks. Not bad.

Our shop has completely switched over to the Arc Aromor gloves, for all metal working / welding applications.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

cool, i'm going to have to pick up some spry and wash. looks like i might be able to bring back a lil of the bling to mine.
    probly dont need to say it but mine are still holding strong, just not a perdy as Jonny's, but i'll work on that.
    thanks for the tip.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    some one was asking about the Miller gloves the other night and i got to thinking i should do an update for the post here wile i had fresh pic's of the gloves. yep they are still alive and well ok so not as nice looking as when they got here but cirtenly still working just as well as day one. none of the seams have ripped, the leather is still soft and comfortable to where. feel is still good in all the fingers.
    in short the only way you can tell they have been used is by the apearence and smell i would suspect. i am verry impressed. none of the other gloves i have tryed have lasted this long without getting hard and brittel or shrinking up out of shape due to heat. i am still not using the heat shield i always used befor to try to save the other gloves from over hest shrinkage and britelness. so these gloves have had it much harder than my other's ever have. i have started lerning stick welding so they are aso getting exposed to that as well now and are holding up great.
    i fully expected to be buying new gloves long befor now, but as it looks it will still be a long time befor i need to replace them. so even with a $20 sticker price they have proven to be cheaper than the others mearly by far outlasting them. so taking out the cosmetics was expected and they did lose that nice look, but they still have the great feel and function.
    thanks again for the great gloves.
    i think im gonna have ta buy some of those at my local miller dealer and see if i can kill em . from what it sounds like there good quality. i gotta get some soon cause my stick ones are dying out quickly.
    welding...its awsome

Default spam by any other name

anyone besides me tired of this ad for work at home

Thumbs up i still have and love mine.

FWIW all my Miller gloves are still in use. well the metal handling gloves have seen better days and need replaced. but the welding ones are still in serviceable condition. much longer than any other glove's i have used.
    there a little beat up and showing there age, but still in use.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Since this thread came back (probably by McFoolgle), I STILL haven't recieved my free pair yet! I actually had bought some because of all the posts, and yes, they are what they say they are! I just watch where I use 'em, so I don't get them too dirty
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time