Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I tried out the Stick gloves today. Me like! They were just about perfect in feel and ease of movement. No complaints. I was just doing some low amperage work, around 115a. I could tell they would be a little toasty when up around 200-300 amps. Maybe for next time, Miller could add a Nomex lined glove for high amperage work. Most of my stick work is in the 100-175a range anyway, so these are fine. If these hold up to regular use, I can see me getting more. Time will tell.

I also used the metal work gloves all flippin day. I do believe they are the best of the bunch. I was able to pick up stuff I usually couldn't with gloves...that sure was nice. They are comfy and easy to adjust...and they stay adjusted. I have an anti-vibe pair similar to the metal gloves. The velcro on them will drive you nuts. I am quite pleased with these and will definitely be getting more.

James, I'm not sure. I put it on the back of the hand area since that was where it was tight. If it is a glazing, it just might "rough it up".
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Don,
    I agree about the Stick/ Mig gloves, but they are my favorite over the metal handling ones. I been (blue ones) using them on my motorcycle and they work well there. I will be buying the Stick ones from now on too. I still have not used the tig and standard mig ones, but that should come pretty soon.

i been putting in a good bit of time on the metal work gloves and have to agree with the rest they are great. and as they are the same $$ as the ones i usualy use its a no brainer i'll be using the miller from now on. verry good fit and feel and defenetly better built than the craftsmen and others i been using. only drawback i can see is availability but that may change with time and the place i get my argon caries them so i'm ok there to as i'll just get them when i come in for gas.
    i still have to say the MIG/stick ones remain my faveret. the MIG only are lacking in padding and heat protection in my opinion but could well soute some of you.they worked fine and did a good job of heat protection wile welding. i just have a tendency to foolishly pick up hot stuff and the MIG/stick work out much better for this and still alow for great feel and the ability to do all my fit-up wile wearing them. as for using them above 200 amps maybee add a heat shield like the one pictured. i used to use one all the time to keep my big bulky gloves from shrinking into a ball at the back of my stedieing hand. i have not needed it for the miller MIG/Stick ones as they dont seem to shrink up. well not so far and it only seems fair to the test to continue using the gloves without the shield as its a test for me any way as they were given to me to abuse and grade. it will also let me know if its needed for my next pair when its my $ on the line. as i dont have the power to weld over 200amps i dont think i will be needing it with these gloves as i did with the old ones. depending on the amount of padding you are looking for the mig or mig/stick are both great gloves for fit up and welding. it always botherd me that i spent $200+ on my BWE so i could do fit up and weld without messing with my hood only to have to stop and take off or in some cases even change gloves just to get it ready to weld. i tended to end up doing a lot of tacking and some welding using my metal working gloves and was using my welding gloves only on long welds. now with the MIG/Stick gloves i can do fit-up and welding with the same glove, and i love it. thease will always be in my shop no ? about it. i wish the $ was a lil lower but i like them enough to say i will pay the extra. so far they seem to be holding up well. i just wish i had more to weld and more time to do it. gess i better get that TIG cart designed, maybe this weekend after i get a few covers cut. looking forward to trying out them TIG gloves.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

I got to try the TIG gloves today, I have to say I am very impressed with them. I used other tig gloves before and I always found it hard to hold the filler rod and wearing these gloves I have to say everything feels like I'm not wearing gloves at all.

I was also using the metal work gloves today, I can say these have to be my favorite I have used so far.

I will give both of these gloves 10/10, I still have yet to use the stick of mig gloves but I'm sure I will be just as satisfied with them.

Talking

Ok, it's been estlablished that there the best thing since sliced bread, now how can they improve them even more yet? If Miller offered them with no seam in the finger tips then everone would think theres a conspeiracy going on with Miller, cause no one in there right mind would ever buy any other brand of glove again!

Ok, Ok. So these gloves are the greatest. Do our Miller suppliers have them yet or are they just being tested? Sounds like everyone likes them.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

they are available on-line and at your LWS if they chose to cary them. cyberweld caries them i know but i have not checked any one else i'm shore whoever you use online would have them or be able to get them. they are in the store i get my gas from. but not in the other one i use.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

finally got to spend a few days using the tig gloves, at first I had a problem feeding the filler but that went away after about 10 minutes. I normally use Tillman 24C's and I still have 4 pairs that havn't been used yet but I do like these Miller tig gloves and can recommend them, I can even pick up a peice of filler off the floor, something i couldn't do with my Tillmans.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

I'm looking forward to using a pair of the new gloves. As soon as they are available to our shop we will be testing them.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Found them at cyber weld. Seem to be pretty good to do business with, free shipping. Local welding supplier doesn't have them but can order.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]