Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Unhappy no glove

I got no gloves, with 5 millers machines, i,m bummed out.I was left out!

well over the last few days i assembled a new cart for my MM135 as i'm starting a complete new set of carts one for each welder's and plasma and may redesign my O/A cart as well. so i took this chance to really put some work into the new gloves. MIG and MIG/Stick. i still feel the mig/stick is my favored pair. mainly do to doing stupid stuff like grabbing the piece right after welding it. i also did not use my heat shield as some one had posted a concern about heat shrinking up the glove on the back side where it gets the heat as you use it to steady the gun.normally i use a heat shield as i too have lost quite a few pairs to the dreaded shrinkage. but decided to give the miller gloves a good over kill situation. well i managed to burn the leather into a nice black state so i think there was plenty of heat their and ............... no shrinkage. see attached pic, not the best pic but it dose show the burn.it was also surprisingly good at not getting as hot inside the glove as i was expecting, considering the MIG glove has very little to no padding for those that don't know what a heat shield is or what i'm talking about i also attached a pic of one of then.they run about $3-$5 and will not only save a glove from shrinkage but also greatly reduce the heat to the back of the guide hand. i highly recommend them and will be using them from here on out as i like keeping my back hand cool.
    i also attached a pic of the new cart just for those that are about to say "lets see the new cart"
    i will make a post of its own soon, i just wanted to post my findings on the affects of excessive heat to the guide glove. this is some thing i normally avoid but after all the hole point here is to really try them out to the max. well for me, witch is still likely to be short of a full timer but i'm doing my best to give em hel- for ya. hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

if only they would make a glove for ironworkers that would hold up to connecting one day and welding the next

the mig glove just might fit that bill check it out. its got good feel to it as well as good heat protection. cant hurt to take a look at a set.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Glove Review

Hello to familiar faces: sundown and fun4now

I received my gloves a couple of weeks ago. I really like the metal working gloves. They have a good fit, feel and even some heat resistance. I used these gloves to remove some burning coals from a smoker before repairing it. To my surprise no hand burns and only a little damage to the glove face. I recommend ordering this glove one size larger than you think. I wear a large and mine are XL with a very nice fit.

The TIG gloves are my favorite. They have a nice form fit without being uncomfortable. The added protection across the hand bend area is a great feature. The cuff could be a softer material like Tillman uses, but overall I prefer this glove to other brands.

The MIG gloves are great for light and medium duty work up to 200 amps. Anything higher and I really feel the heat even with a reflective heat shield.

The MIG/STICK gloves seem to be a heavier duty reinforced version of MIG glove. They work nicely for higher amperage MIG and SPRAY ARC mode.

In summary all the gloves exhibit great fit and feel without the bulkiness of traditional gloves on the market. I do not think they will have the longevity of heavier duty gloves like the HD COMFORT ZONE I typically use for high MIG/STICK applications. However, I am in favor of buying a few extra pairs for the added comfort, dexterity and maneuverability this new line of gloves have to offer.

Hawk,

Good to see you post again, hope this means you will signing on and posting once in a while as we do miss your expertise, I hope everything is going great for you and yours.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

I gotta say this. I just bought a Miller Dynasty 200DX, and Ive already gone through a set of Tillman gloves. The good ones. Im NOT impressed.
    Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me find a place who has the Miller gloves "in stock". Dang, I wish they'd had included me in on the deal.

great to have ya back HAWK.
    DirtyLittleSecret
    cyberweld has them if you dont mind online purchasing.
    http://store.cyberweld.com/tillmangloves.html
    welcome to the board and congrats on the new dynasty. i have not put my TIG gloves threw there paces yet but they shour feel good. with a lil luck i'll get some time in them this week. i'll pass on my thoughts as soon as i get them dirty. hate the idea of getting them dirty, but i supose i can always get a pair just to hang on the wall latter. speeking of wich, i like the hanging hoop they put inside the gloves, i got a pile of old ones i need to get rid of but hanging the new ones on a hook is nice. keeps them seperate, easy to grab the one needed at the time and clears up much needed shelf space for other things.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

My gloves came a couple of weeks ago. Out of the box they seem very nice. I really like the metal work gloves as well. They seem to be a hit with everyone. I did notice all the gloves are about a half size smaller than what I would consider the norm. I have really only used the TIG gloves any length of time. They have a little more protection and lots more dexterity than my Tillmans. I liked them. They were a little tight at first, but a quick douse with alcohol did the trick. I will be using the others more this week. I'll post more later.

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

dose the alcohol take the slip out of them as well, some one mentioned they were a little slipery when holding the filler. i have not had a chance to do any TIG work with mine but they fit great. so i would only need to hit them with alcohol if it would break them in faster to take the new glaze off so to speak. will the alc. do that ?
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES