Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

I don't think he frequents this board, and may have missed your post on the other board, but go back to www.millermotorsports.com and the Ask Andy forum and PM "dda52". He runs an 8VS feeder, the same thing just a smaller version. He may have advice. He runs it from an OLD Bobcat, but has hooked it up to other machines as well.

Thumbs up

Rest assured that you made a good choice in feeders. I have owned both a 12VS and an LN-25 and have sold many of each. The LN-25 is an excellent feeder, but the 12VS is way better yet. Anyone who would want the Lincoln now has not been around the 12VS much. One other piece of advise-try running 1/16" self shielded wire. I like it much better than .045 and it does not take a huge machine to run it. Your machine or the Bobcat will run it just fine. As I was trying to say last night, the Bobcat should work great with your feeder running self shielded wire. I just think you'll find it a little dissappointing with solid wire. Also, don' forget to run your self shielded wire on straight polarity instead of reverse. Most guys know this, but often forget when changing back and forth between different kinds of wires. I see you are in Utah. I was a T.M. for Praxair in Logan, UT for several years and I know the guys at any of the Praxair stores in Utah have a lot of experience with these feeders and would be glad to help you. Not an advertisement, just a bit of advise. Good luck!
    Last edited by gdad; 12-30-2005 at 01:48 PM.

I’ll try the 1/16. I’ve never run anything that large before since most of my welding has been on smaller stuff and only used stick on larger stuff…that is until now muhaha ha ha. I’ve worked up in Logan but I live below salt lake so I deal mostly with the welding shops down here. I am excited to get out and try this thing. Thanks again.

Hi, I decided to join today, after looking over the boards and the site. I do like welding projects even though im not good at it, though I am pretty good at wiring stuff

Default welcome

Welcome and good luck with the trailblazer.
    Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Default New Member

Well here I go, this is my first message or "thread" I guess, not to sure what thread means. Been welding for 30 years but not to good with computer. How do I list my welding machine on the page like you guys do?

Very interesting and helpful info and some very nice work on these pages. I would have liked to have someone to ask questions to many many times.

Thanks