Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: deltaweld 450

Default deltaweld 450

i found a delta weld 450 with feeder and 400amp gun for 1,400 bucks, what do you all think? it's a few years old but it works good. how far down should i try to jew him on it?

also, it's a 3 phase machine but i need single phase. changing it over, would that effect the output or duty cycle or anything?

Are you directing that question to just Jews or can anyone answer?

That price seems a little high, I was looking on ebay at deltaweld 450's and they seemed to be around &600 USD. The company I work for has been trying to get rid of one for the past two years, they can't seem to find anyone interested in it for $800 CDN, that included two guns, a dual feeder, plus the cart. It's still for sale I think, but it's minus the dual wire feeder, though a single one might be available to go with the powersource.

As for the three phase, I Know a single-phase can be pulled off of a three phase input voltage, but I don't think a three phase machine can be set up to run on single.
    Last edited by JonnyTIG; 01-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Cool

I don't know about the price but if i had 3 phase electric i would give my right nut for one . I used one for 8 years with an S-22 wire feeder on it and it was the best welder i ever used for heavy-med stuff for both alum and steel...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Jonny is right on the single phase being pulled off 3 phase, but with out 3 phase, you will not be able to use the machine on single. Even a converter like used on machine tools probably won't work. As for rewiring??????Don't think that is doable either. Paul

Try checking into phase converters. I've seen units online that are big enough to run welding power sources.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

I use to run a dimension 652 off of a phase converter and it ran fine, they can run you some bucks though
    Trailblazer 302G
    MM 210 with spool gun
    Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
    Smith torches
    Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
    griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!

Default 3 Phase

About 3 phase power I beleave you can take 3 phase power and turn it into 1 phase just by dropping the red wire at both ends you still hookup the black , white and the ground your duty cycle will be 60% .Call electrician to varify

thanks everyone. i decided to get a shopmate with the mig package instead. new with waranty.