Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

not a bad expereance but a way to avoid it. rather than removing the guard compleatly you can cut it back a little to alow better acces and still have the guard there to protect the hand. several of my guards are cut back a little but none are removed compleatly.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Good Price on Flap Discs

I buy my discs on ebay for $1.72 each (http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Valley-Abrasives). I have found them to work really well.

Yes, I agree the Walters are nice because you can trim the back and use the whole disc, but, at $8.00 to $9.00 each I cannot afford to use them. They last maybe twice as long but cost 4 to 5 times as much.

clslcs2000
    welcome.
    yep i agree, i have orderd from vally befor and will do so again when i run out of the walters i have(they were a gift), as a hobby guy its just not justifyable to spend $10 a disk no mater how conveanant they are. i realy like the built in nut so you just spin them on and off with no tool also but still not going to happen at $10 a pop in my hobby shop. if it starts making me $$ then i might reconsider. but the vally ones wer also nice just a little less there for a lot less $$
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Here's an example of how much use I get out of one Walter. I usually burn them half up then save the half used disks for big deburring projects. Eventually all my used disks look like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

I've been throwing them out way before that, Man I'm wasting money, no more of that, I'm gonna burn them right out now.