Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Eric I agree with what you say but the difference is a piercing can get caught on something. A boob job is a bit difference your boobs cant get caught on something there in your skin. Tattoos are the same you cant harm yourself with them beisdes ift hey get infected after you get them. But I do want this job very bad and dam it im going to do what ever it takes.

I like your ability to understand what it takes to start a new career. I think most owners of shops are middle age to older and have gone through the things you want to do but now that they're more mature, they realize it doesn't cut it in the real world. The only other thing that I'll suggest to you is take spelling seriously. As you come up through the ranks, you may have to write reports and for that spelling is very important. Good luck. You've shown yourself to have a good head on your shoulders.

I am actually very sorry about my spelling mistakes. I'm not very good at spelling I use computers and spell check works wonders for me. Ill start using it for this site as well.

my boobjob remark was about body mods and how people think one is ok and others are crazy.if you jewerly is that close to danger you may need to re-think you work methods.when I was 12 I saw a guy with a biker beard get his face twisted up in a 1/2 drill with an auger bit on it.There is a new generation coming into the work place that doesnt take such a hostile attitude towards people that look different from them.One of the good things about working with you hands is the enviorment is not as straight laced as an office or a retail setting.

Default Wearing metal & Tats

This one is much harder to respond to then I thought. Tat's are usually tasteful or mean something to the person getting rivited by a needle with ink.

Piercings are an "in-your-face" (no pun intended) statement. They tell me you are immature, and under-educated. You do not have interpersonal skills, nor do you have self esteem.

No I would not hire you - you are a walking freak show that you choose to live, I do not need to introduce you into my workforce.

sjmiller

I dont think anywere really will. Ill just have to live without them during the day and have them after the holes dont close over that easy but If that bothers me **** I might just have to lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
    This one is much harder to respond to then I thought. Tat's are usually tasteful or mean something to the person getting rivited by a needle with ink.

Piercings are an "in-your-face" (no pun intended) statement. They tell me you are immature, and under-educated. You do not have interpersonal skills, nor do you have self esteem.

No I would not hire you - you are a walking freak show that you choose to live, I do not need to introduce you into my workforce.

sjmiller
    Are you for real?How old are you?Where is the freakshow,undereducated line drawn? I dont really like most facial piercings but have never thought "that person has no self esteem."Is the only way to be mature,appear smart and get a job by looking like the average person that does your chosen job?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Carroll View Post
    "Is the only way to be mature,appear smart and get a job by looking like the average person that does your chosen job?

In a predominatly conservative society where first impressions are so important & part of our human nature, and the percieved image of a company is a valuable/tangible item- especially to it's owner.......

Yep... Be it right, wrong, or indifferent......
    That's about 99% true.

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 02-27-2007 at 01:20 AM.
    "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

I got my ear pierced when I was about 6 years old. I took it out 10 years ago and the hole still has not fully closed. As long as your holes are not new they should be able to go 8 hours with no ring/bar in them. the only exception would be maybe your lip and tongue the mouth heals really fast.

Default looks

My ins. co. would not let me hire any one with any thing that can be cought on,and injured,,Some even have it for wedding rings,,Jack