Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Exclamation tig torch valve and porosity

i have an old stick welder i converted to a tig welder .I bought a torch from the welding store and it has a valve on the torch for the gas because it has no remote control... everytime i am at the end of the weld i get porosity because i have to pull away to stop the arc.. how can i stop this? any ideas?.. oh yah it's scratch start if that helps... thanks
    Jorgensen MFG.
    Custom trailers:from utility to semi trailers i make em all.
    argonweld_bjorn@hotmail.com
    www.ehhitch.com

i'm guessing that you are leaving a bug hole in the crater at the end of the weld. if this is so, when you pull out of the puddle bring the tip of the tungston up the rod. this way you are breaking the arc off of the rod and not the puddle. it takes a little getting used to but it makes a cleaner stop.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137