Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default reading for awhile

I've been reading posts on this site for a few months. I'm 29 years old and have been welding since I graduated high school. The first 4 years I was doing millwright work and now currently am welding for a Ag equipment manufacturer in southwest Minnesota. Now to the reason i finally posted something. I'm not getting challenged at my current job in fact I've welded about everything in the shop on time or another can do most of it without much thought put into it(getting bored). I've been looking into starting out on my own. I've wrote letters to previous employers and local companies letting them know I'm working on this. I was wondering if anyone on here had any other thoughts or opinions on a way to get a good customer base, or if there is any sites on the internet I could bid on jobs or get in contact with people?

thanx for the info

If you search back through some of the older threads from last fall through this winter there have been some similar ones posted. A couple have been about marketing and other business aspects such as insurances, initial equipment and so on.

Good luck, and welcome aboard!
    SSS