Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

I just bought 10 5" from ebay seller Lehigh-Valley and he had them to me in 2 day's, i should have ordered more as they were a good price. Sure beats 7+ bucks at wallymart. I even tried the local flea mart twice with no sucess, seems like they aren't there yet...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default Lehigh Valley Flap Discs

I have had great success with the Valley Discs. I find they last much longer than the Harbor Freight or Bullet Discs. They do not last quite as long as the Walter, but, I prefer to pay $1.72 for the Lehigh discs versus the $9.00 for the Walter. The Walter lasts at the most 50% longer. Below is the link;

www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com

happy finishing!

Quote Originally Posted by migman2000 View Post
    I have had great success with the Valley Discs. I find they last much longer than the Harbor Freight or Bullet Discs. They do not last quite as long as the Walter, but, I prefer to pay $1.72 for the Lehigh discs versus the $9.00 for the Walter. The Walter lasts at the most 50% longer. Below is the link;

www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com

happy finishing!
    I think I'll be putting in an order with these guys when I make a list. Thanks!

I use DeWalt. No they aren't cheap, but they cut fast and last me for weeks. I can thrash the harbor freight ones in less than an hour.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

i use dewalt for my 14" chop saw exclusively. they don't seem to load up as much and cut fast as well as seem to last a a bit longer than the other ones available at TSC anyway. but i have not looked for dewalt flap disks, didn't know they had them.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default try these

we use a lot of walter, and they are good....but if your willing to try somthing different try a Norton Blaze. We've sampled 4 1/2"blaze flap discs and 7" sand discs, and they are worth the money. in my opinion!

I may go and order about 10 4 1/2 flap wheels from valley , I checked to see & it said the total was $26.something for 10 inculding shipping

Inferno Forge

Chris

i think vally is an excellent option for the hobby guys to get the option to use some of the cooler tool's that we would otherwise not get to use at $9.00 a pop.
    i got my first flap disk at wally-world to try them out to see if i would like them. needless to say i loved them, but at $4.50 they were still getting expensive for playing. Vally was my next stop and they are excellent disks. maybe not a walter but definitely a quality flap disk. and at $2.60 each (shipping included) hard to pass up.
    you should be really happy with them.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES