Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default lookin for a deal on flap discs

I looking for some deals on 41/2 and 7 inch flap discs anyone know where to get good deals. I've been to places around my area and there crazy prices.

You might not think this is cheap, but if you buy a case of flap discs at Fastenal, you get a 4 1/2" grinder with the discs. My cost was just over $100.

how many are in a case?

I have a few of them I ordered the other day....seem to hold up good for the price.....
    http://www.bulletindustries.com/cata...x.php/cPath/82
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Sorry it took so long to respond, had to go out of town.....

There were 10 discs in the box I got. I use 60 grit mainly. The grinder was recondioned, but it was a good deal.

thanks for the website I'm gonna order some, which ones did you order, Just courious becasue you said they hold up well.

Depends on your usage....I like the 29 style .....and get the zirconia as they last longer........I also get there metal cutting blade....for the price it works great....
    Mike
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Default Deal on flap discs

Check out the ebay link below. The discs work well and they are $1.72 for 100 pcs of type 29 zirconia.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Valley-Abrasives

i have used the vally guy befor they held up fine, they are a little less than a walter but fro $1.70 insted of $10 each they are a good deal.
    i posted a pic of the 2 side by side in the other post, as soon as i run out of walters i'll be back at vally again. for hobie the vally are great. the only reason i have the walters is they were a gift. i could not justify the $$ as a playing in the shop kinda guy. if i was making $$ with it the walters would have a better chance of getting in the tool order file.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Are the Valley flap discs basically the same as the Harbor Freight discs?