Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bald Eagle

Default Bald Eagle

Just finished this Eagle.. 16 ga plate steel and a little re-bar
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

hey Jim very nice work. What gave you the want to make thoughs in the first place?

Just wanted to make one more bird, and had this piece of plate, so I just "cut him out .. one feather at a time .. and stuck him together" ..
    Jim

very nice, must of took alot of time? are they all sperate little pieces? I think I would be interested in doing something like that down the road, but I would have no clue where to start, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by hit_em View Post
    very nice, must of took alot of time? are they all sperate little pieces? I think I would be interested in doing something like that down the road, but I would have no clue where to start, any tips?
    all individual except main part of body...
    Jim

With all that beautiful welding, it almost seems a shame to put paint on him. Nice Job, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulrbrown View Post
    With all that beautiful welding, it almost seems a shame to put paint on him. Nice Job, Paul
    Thanks... I agree, but my wife does not share my love of welding, so it was an issue of paint or rust ... and I figured paint was better than "trash in 6 months" ..