Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Great job on the trailer, looks really nice, not only for a first timer but an experienced welder/fabricator.

Pull it with pride!

Blondie

Nice job on the ATV trailer. I also like the way your dad made the ramp storage on the car hauler. On my car hauler trailer I bought a couple of those Bulldog jacks that can be rotated and welded them on the rear sides of the trailer. When I'm loading or unloading my jeep I put the jacks down so the trailer won't act like a lever and lift the rear of the truck. I've heard stories of the rear of the truck lifting high enough where the wheels come off the ground and the truck can start rolling away.

****, i would buy it. Great job.

Thumbs up new welder new project

nice job on your trailer. did you make the fenders or buy them. i like to make my own fenders it cost a little more i use 1/8 or 3/16 toe borad you can get it in 6in wide up to 12in. toe borad makes real nice fenders. thin use the same stuff to close the back side of the fender in. then you can stand. jump. set or run over them and not bend them. you can see my pics. on welding projects terry welds. i bet that new welder works real nice. i would like to get me a new mic. but i already have two a portable for steel or alum. and century for the shop. some times its easer to beg for forgiveiss then it is to beg for permishon. not a good speller .good luck with or welder and projects.
    miller bobcat 250
    wc 115a
    spoolmatic 30a
    centery 250 mic
    2 lincoln 225 stick
    a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Quote Originally Posted by hit_em View Post
    I just purchased my first welder, its a miller 251, I have done a little welding before but the was my first real project. Its a 4' x 10' atv tilt trailer, what do you guys think? now be honest It's my first project I need to learn.
    1st project huh???!!! SHOWOFF!!! I want to learn to build trailers also. Know of any good step by step plans or books like "Trailers for Dummies?"

I don't know about 'trailers for dummies', however I saw a book the other day called 'Baby Names for Dummies'........... If I had a kid I'd name it Miller naturally!
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Talking

You can name your kids things other than Miller?!? Foreget it! It's the best name ever! Anways, Heck of a nice trailer. You'v got some real designing talent. If only the engineers at work where more like you than we could get somthing done. HEHEHE. I hate to rain on you'r parrade though but this is a welding forum, so if you'r gonna ask us to cretieque you'r trailer than you need to show some pics of the welds too. We wanna see what you can do with that brand new 251 of you'rs for a first timer. It's either that or I'm gonna steel you'r trailer. (Though I think I'm gonna do that anyways.)