Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Tray

Cool Spring

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    get a shock off an old office chair to use for up and down ajustment.
    the spring would be too much truble to try to get right.

Hey fun thanks for the Idea I'll have a look at that

Darmik, I can still see room left for a 'Lazyboy'. Nice job, and great Idea, nothing worse than being 50 feet from the toolbox and needing one more thing. NOw, how about that KEG......Paul

Hey Darmik,
    What kind of truck is that in the backround, could you send a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Darmik View Post
    Well I dont think I can add much more to this I am going to try to add a lid holder under the table but it's hard to do this under the radar.However the boss has noticed this hey where did this come from? I dont know

Default Truck in back ground

It''s a GMC 3500 Duramax diesel I have 5 of these to build or customize

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice truck I'm currently looking for a GMC chasie. Since you cutomize bodies what do you suggest for me? I am in the mist of taking over my Father's Ironworking buisness, we do anything from railings to structural steel. I'm looking for a truck body that can hold everything I need for outside work. I'm also looking for some type of compartment for the Oxy and Act tanks. The police in NJ pull work truck over all the time and frenzy with the tickets. Please if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cool Truck Body

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrafter View Post
    Nice truck I'm currently looking for a GMC chasie. Since you cutomize bodies what do you suggest for me? I am in the mist of taking over my Father's Ironworking buisness, we do anything from railings to structural steel. I'm looking for a truck body that can hold everything I need for outside work. I'm also looking for some type of compartment for the Oxy and Act tanks. The police in NJ pull work truck over all the time and frenzy with the tickets. Please if you have any suggestions please let me know.

compartment for the Oxy and Act tanks.the large compartment behind the passinger is for the tanks this body is with out the crane reinforcing in the rear left is about $8800.00 however there are hundreds of different combinations to body's but you can pick up a used one for about half that .there are thousands of way's you can go with this however when you put the tanks in this compartment you MUST have no electrical in this bin plug up the holes as well and you must install a vent at the bottom of the bin read thread My weekend project. Gas bottle rack for my work van .
    Anyway truck bodies generaly start around $3000.00 New.Then I get my hot little hands on it and carve it apart.

So do you suggest a utility body for my line of work? I really have now need for a crane on the truck.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrafter View Post
    So do you suggest a utility body for my line of work? I really have now need for a crane on the truck.
    yes but with a large tall compartment in the front either side but if you get one that has a large tall comp try and get it on the drivers side this is best
    much like this one only with a tall cabinet in the front
    Last edited by Darmik; 02-16-2007 at 10:24 PM.

Thank you.

hey thta is a really nice cart I have build me 1 ! use a old offfice like James said

Inferno Forge

Chris