Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shop Tray

Cool Thumbs up

It all looks real good. And its a great idea

Smile

Darmik

since you install truck bodies all the time and Ive spent most of my life fixing them after they've broke them I have a question. I'm getting ready to build an aluminum flat bed for my wife's new 08 superduty and debatting over the mounting to the frame. Have seen many types of mounting but was thinking about "floating" one end with springs and mounting the other end solid. at work we have no aluminum bodies and have seen many steel ones crack. With aluminum I am more concerned. I could float the whole thing I guess just more work to make the brackets with springs on the bolts. Any thoughts would be give me something to think about. Aluminum is being delivered today cost $$$ but will look nice

any thoughts from anybody are appreciated
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Cool Mounting hardware

I know exactly what you want they are called vibra mounts two pieces of steel the top is 5/8' and the bottom is 3/4" about 4x? x 2' long now you will have to get rubber vibration mounts some where they are sandwiched between the metal with a bolt pattern this will handle depends on the size of mount of course but they can handle up to 3 ton of weight and zero and I do mean ZERO Vibration will roll through the truck. Its like the business class suspension on a 5 ton truck thatís how it will ride and no it wont be tippy either.

If you want me to go into deeper detail let me know I have to go to work right now so let me know hope this helps ya out.