Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

pic 4 rear door is alloy lifting chains,leverhoists, coffin hoist, 1 3/4" to 2" wrenches, pipe wrenches, lunch box
    Front door top shelf- drill and sawzall, spare clothes and gloves.
    middle- tackle box full of automotive electrical connectors, etc, Fluke multimeter, three Oring kits,tubing tools, magnetic level,100' and200' tape measures
    Bottom shelf- K400 Arcair, Fuel filters, hose, canvas tarp and welding blanket, kneepads and shop towels

Bottopm door- porta power- Hand pump, air pump, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100 ton rams
    Step plates for porta power,Hydraulic jacks, and hand grease gun
    Bottom front door- 1gallon each of hydraulic oil, 15/40, mixed coolant, drainhose for Cat, and a funnle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pic 5 Top door- lifting slings, shackles, eyes, and links, crane cotrol, and a Arcair slice exo torch
    Bottom door- welding rod cans, clamps, 9' grinder, two 4 1/2" grinders

Pic 6- back of truck- folding ladder, step ladder, pipe stands, 1/2" air hose, jumper cables, wood blocks, 12lb sledge, air greaser

Jeff -- seeing that first pic brings up a question -- do you ever have any problem with things getting jammed up between drawers, preventing them from closing, or worse yet, pushing something off behind the drawers? My last truckbed had a full set of drawers midships, had this problem all the time, is there a solution???
    A lot of the rigs I've seen around here over the years, the welders seem to think "hand tools" and "shovels" are beneath them, all they wanna do is weld. I like seeing the rig and the operator prepared for whatever might come up, able to do a complete job.
    The older I get, the more important ladders become. The joints just ain't what they used to be . . .

Default a few more pics

Here,s a few more pics of my rig in front of the shop.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Quote Originally Posted by admweld View Post
    Here,s a few more pics of my rig in front of the shop.
    So what do you put on the tops of the racks, anything?

Quote Originally Posted by calweld View Post
    A lot of the rigs I've seen around here over the years, the welders seem to think "hand tools" and "shovels" are beneath them, all they wanna do is weld. I like seeing the rig and the operator prepared for whatever might come up, able to do a complete job.
    I was thinking along the same lines when I saw the shovel. No truck is complete without one. Even if it's just for getting the truck itself out of a hole.

Anything i pickup at the steel supplier that is in 20' or 24' lengths i have had as much as 2500lbs up on that rack at once and when your driving you can feel it on the truck.Also the rear section is removable.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

seeing that first pic brings up a question -- do you ever have any problem with things getting jammed up between drawers, preventing them from closing, or worse yet, pushing something off behind the drawers? My last truckbed had a full set of drawers midships, had this problem all the time, is there a solution???
    Yes, it does happen. No I don't have a solution, other than being careful what you put in them as some stuff tends to stack up.
    I built the drawers in the first pic and they fit tight together, so that helps a little. the snapon box in the other pic is 20 years old, and has been very good to me.

Hmmmmm, I've got pictures of Lucy on every other welding website, might as well add them here.

Lucy (redhead with an attitude) is 2003 C5500. She came rigged out for roll off wrecker body upfit. That means she came with all the bells and whistles and a long wheelbase.

Probably the most unique thing about my bed is how I carry the oxygen and acetylene bottles.

I carry two oxygen bottles horizontally under the Trailblazer. They're on ball bearing trays. I got them off of surplus telco bed. I drag out the tray, stand up the bottle, lift it six inches, set it down, end of story.