Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Default rig pics

heres mine, its still a work in progress
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by welderdan View Post
    heres mine, its still a work in progress
    Hi welderdan welcome to the site. Looking good! What model of Lincoln do you have on there?

welcome welderdan.

marty
    Miller Synchrowave 250
    OTC 300DM with external wire feeder
    Miller XLi Dale Sr., fibre metal hoods
    Metaltek of Ky. Inc.
    Home of the Stephensburg weld

its a '99 classic 3d, i also have a '47 shorthood thats at the mechanic awaiting a makeover

Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    I don't know about that. A 25,000btu is the stock heater, and as an option you can add another one (I think its recomended below -25F). When its -40F out, its exponentially harder to keep the heat in. these aren't small trailers either. In my opinion, they are too big at 33 or so feet.
    The trailer I was refering to (and I believe Sberry was too) was the converted 6x10 enclosed, which, if insulated would be easily heated with something far smaller than 50Kbtu. even at -40C/F. a 33' travel trailer would probably need something in the 50Krange when it's that cold.

if you *really* need some heat, I've got a 1,250,000 BTU burner salvaged from a floor heat boiler. sitting out back at work.
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

I might be tempted to run the piping up high, even in a raceway along the ceiling where its warm and use pex. I liked the guys plan with small and could come up with something for backup that was simple, a plaque with outside air intake maybe?

A semi truck driver lives in a cab sustancially smaller than the 6x10. At first that seems small but thats not bad either, all I need is enough to get out of the cold, hang up a few cloths, some storage under the bed and some heat. 95% of the space in my house I dont use. Look how big a pickup camper is, plenty for a guy to make it in. I would be looking to keep weight down, make it easy to pull.

I wish I could remember who this guy was, was it Sparkee27 maybe? He said 6x10 was plenty but maybe a guy could go to 12 with single axel yet if it wasnt loaded real big? He carried a few gallons of water. I heard a guy that carried a couple 5 gallon buckets and bag of kitty litter in case he couldnt find a place to take a dump,, ha,, he put the lid on and every once in a while tossed it into a dumpster and started a new pail,,, ha wouldnt need to fool with plumbing. Simple can be good. He come on the board once in a while at night hooked to cell phone from there. Said it was very cold out but he was toasty. These are just ideas, just thinking of options. They are not all good if they are too complicated or too expensive, after all the object is some comfort and to save money. I liked the 6 ft wide idea, easy to see around while towing and the stock mirrors will work on truck.

Talking

welderdan; welcome to the gange, you are a bit smaller than most of the guys here but maybee they will be nice and keep the short jokes to a minimum.
    nice truck.
    although i'm shore some one will say something - about the lack of steel toed boots.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I can understand the below zero thing, those are the nights you and your helper just need to spoon.
    Just kiddin, however sharing a camper with a helper when it stays above 20 degrees at night is a good way to get the job done and do what you are suppose to do on the road, make money & save money not drink it up in the bar and loose it at over priced motels.
    My best friends brother in law is a boiler maker, Hes a **** of a nice guy but he blows alot of money at the bars and on his motel and keeps his wife and kids living in a double wide trailer when he makes around $ 90,000.00 a year.
    If your going to blow your money like that you might as well get a job at wall mart. at least then his wife could get a job too.
    Potable welder why is it that you have to stay with your helper to get the job done? and why does it have to stay above 20 to get the job done?
    what if it goes below 20 does that mean you can't get the gob done If I am making 1300+ a day why can't I drink some Jack? and out of that 1300 why can't I pay for my own room by myself? and your best friend's brother'n law what if he's happy living in a trailer oh sorry double wide trailer and
    spending 90,000.00 a year?. Why would you work at WallMart if you made
    90,000.00 a year? what if his wife doesn't want a job? as you can see
    there's alot of what if's here, The reason? CAUSE YOU HAV"EN WORKED IN
    IN THE ALBERTA OILPATCH!! Got to go 2nd period of battle of Alberta is on.GO FLAMES GO

Portable welder do you have a rig?
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go