Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Default rig pics

I use propane for pre heat, I just bought steel hinges from welding store
    and I have a electric winch to bring up my table. I just revamped it so not everything was on it for the pics. I don't know why but I revamp it when ever I get slow with work You would think I would have this down by now but I'll bet I change it again down the road.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Default short box?

Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    Dan, looks good. Don't know how you got everything stuck in there though Is that a short box? Looks like you need a larger truck How do you get at the engine service doors on the pipepro?
    It all fits in there, thats why I revamp it so much. It is a short box that way I can get into tight places when you get up north some of those pipeline trails can get very small and muddy. I've gone places that a dually gets stuck in
    cause I don't have that outside tire packed up with snow or mud.The tool boxes slide out from the truck, that way I can get at my welder.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

That's a four wheel drive rollaway tool box if I've ever seen one.

On your gas and oxygen, do you guys change out on the job and the company you're working for pay for the gas?

Do you have a trailer to carry materials for side jobs or do you expect to do side jobs the same way you do pipe?

well i dont know... ....i'm still not convinced, pipeline Dan could have just thrown that stuff on there over the weekend just to pretend to be a welder. i still think he is just making stuff up and dosent realy even have a truck, that looked a lot like a pinto with a few bolt on mod's. i think we need more proof..... .........Sorry as of yet no wicked weasel but I am trying,yea see its all a ploy. i'll believe when we get the weasel shot.

LOL great looking truck.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default gas and oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by wroughtnharv View Post
    That's a four wheel drive rollaway tool box if I've ever seen one.

On your gas and oxygen, do you guys change out on the job and the company you're working for pay for the gas?

Do you have a trailer to carry materials for side jobs or do you expect to do side jobs the same way you do pipe?
    Up here they call it full supply. So I'd get my rate (100-140) per hr plus they pay for gases, fuel and disks , I lease my bottles I yet to have my bottles filled by a pipeline company Its just a pain in the ass for them to fill so usual it ends up being my deal, but as a welder you can always get your money back if you now what I mean. I don't have a trailer and I said that I'll build
    one someday well someday has turned into 7 years. If I need one then I'll rent
    and tack it on to the invoice Its great to have side jobs cause it gets boring
    welding in circles all day
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Default wicked weasel

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    well i dont know... ....i'm still not convinced, pipeline Dan could have just thrown that stuff on there over the weekend just to pretend to be a welder. i still think he is just making stuff up and dosent realy even have a truck, that looked a lot like a pinto with a few bolt on mod's. i think we need more proof..... .........Sorry as of yet no wicked weasel but I am trying,yea see its all a ploy. i'll believe when we get the weasel shot.

LOL great looking truck.
    fun4now I ran it by her (or did I mean in her) anways she says she's not going to be the only one on here with the wicked wesel so if we can we need to have a few more ladies first. I can't push it to much cause she did tell me
    that its hard to weld with half of a welding truck (divorce) a while ago
    sorry for all the pics but alot of guys don't think you can run a short box
    (old school) so I had to send in that many to show it can be done, I see alot more short boxes and single axles in the oilpatch now and as I see it, that way I buy 4 tires not 6 and it turns on a dime just incase your ever on a
    dime
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Default scales loaded ?

I don't run with my truck loaded alot cause I don't need all that extra stuff
    for the pipeline,I only run loaded if Iam doing facilities or gas plants which is about 20% other 80% im on a pipeline. Alberta is different then BC I've never
    had problems with the truck cops although I understand they are a little more
    sticky with you guys in BC. I was in a camp in northern BC and drove to Alberta side for work(2hrs one way)every day I drove past the weigh station
    and never went in Im not sure if It was luck or the fact that I was stupid. The
    other welders (Alberta trucks) said that if you stop, that you are look'en
    for trouble so I never did. When ever you go past these places do you stop?
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Nope,,, weldors are never happy.

a good weasel pic would likely just get some one upset, i was just playing about all the he dosent have a truck garbage going on and figured if i added the weasel part you would get the joke and not add me to the jerk list.
    i have a nice pic of the wife on my old work truc but its well into the playboy side of pic's not the welding forem side.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default mega cab soon

Coalsmoke If this pipeline thing would start up again I'd go buy a mega cab I had a black one picked out when I went to go buy one this spring (had wife with me)
    after I wrote the chq I drove home with a new Durango But the wife
    loved it so I bought the dam thing I guess I'll have to wait until spring now.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go