Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Last week, I replaced my F450 with a F550, so it will look different than before. the 450 is in the second picture

My truck is mostly used to provide support for our own plant and equipment.
    I run it and it goes out every day during the production season. We do sand and gravel production along with washed aggregates and a cash grain farm.
    I currently run a Ranger 305-g also a 22cfm compressor, 3200PRX Autocrane, Smith and Purox torch. 125' each of hot and ground lead, 75' torch hose, 3/8 and1/2" airhose.
    The left side of the truck has welding cables,torch, air hose,hand tools, air tools, atc.
    I carry a full set of hand tools, including wrenches and sockets to 2", 3/8 1/2 3/4 inch air wrenches, die grinders, 18v sawzall and drill, Hyd jacks, 10, 20,30,50 and 100ton Porta power rams with a hand pump and air pump,bits, taps, etc.
    Fluke digital meters, photo tach, decimeter,temp gun.
    Electrical kits, O ring kits, Cat and Cummins fuel filters Primary wire, copper tubing, brass fittings, pipe fittings, key stock, Lenco connectors, a selection of loctite and sealers.
    9" and two 4 1/2" grinders, K4000 arcair, Slice exo torch, spare tips, grinding wheels,etc.
    Raincoat, fall protction equip,change of clothes,First aid kits, PPE.
    1 gallon each of 15/40 oil, hyd oil, 50/50 antifreeze, grease gun, and an air greaser on a 120lb drum
    Chain come alongs, grade 80 lifing chains, nylon slings, eyes,etc.
    Pipe stands, and two ladders
    Dry chem fire ext and water cannon.
    I think that about sums it up
    Attached Images Attached Images

My rig is equipt.with 2 welders 1-BB402D/2-TB300D 1- IR compressor 30gal.w/electric start kohler command 11hp.1-8'step ladder,wire rope slings for rigging, shackles.SPXpowerteam porta power set, 3 bottle jacks 4,10,30ton,1 3ton floor jack,dunnage,air tools are mac and ir die grinder,impact guns 1/2"and 3/4", air chisel,cutoff tool(wizzer is what we call it up here)wrenches up to 2-1/2" also sockets,hammers,punches,testlight,sawsall,portaban d,3/8 drill,arcair k4000 torch,victor torchesw/100, of hose 3 4-1/2grinders 1w/wirewheel 1w/cutoff.045wheel 1w/ grinder stone i hate changing wheels so i carry three.jackstands2,come along.For hardware i have a dewault grinder box full of random stuff washers,bolts,nuts.creeper but i find my self laying on the ground alot they don,t roll well on dirt and gravel.Also have wd 40,PB blaster and starting fluid ,booster pak for jump starting first aid kit, 2 fire extigishers.rain coat
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

I'm going to take this one in small bites. I like my cables cords air hoses etc. easy and fast on and off, first picture here is the cable rack on the passenger side. Note the big loops, each wrap is about six or seven feet. Seventy feet ground, 120' stinger, both 4/0, also 120 feet 2/0 stinger, assorted extensions and air lines. Moving back we have a hi-lift jack, bench grinder (for sharpening drill bits), and very important, the fire extingiushers, always there, easy to get to, you don't have to remember where they are, it's automatic. Also one other water cannon loose in back, used for other things, washing stuff, cooling, smoldering wood, etc. The one you see is only for fires.

There is a set of four terminal boxes, good for keeping small stuff organized. One is electrical terminals, switches, parts. One is welding parts, including tips, drive rolls, hose ends, etc. Another is full of screws and various fasteners, for when I don't want to weld something. The top one I keep power transmission stuff in, set-screws, key shafts, chain masters and half links, grease zerks, etc. etc.

I pulled out and displayed one box full of electric and air tools -- hammer drill, sawzall, angle drill, electric and air die grinders, big air chisel (good for concrete), diamond wheel for skillsaw, two other 1/2" drills, 1" air impact. There's other tools on the truck, this time of year it tends to get more disorganized, tools tend to find their own places to reside, they seem to stay where most convenient rather than among their own kind where they belong.

I've got an 8 x 4 tube welded across the back of the bed, with little swing-up doors on each end, this holds my long pry-bars, cheater pipes, all-thread, etc.

The little protrusion you see just ahead of the clearance light under the work deck? I cannibalized a baybarz cable/strap ratchet binder, welded it to a pipe that goes to the center of the truck, winches up and down the spare tire.

One thing that may be of interest to some, a couple of unique victor parts, one is a straight-ahead torch head, the other is a little stubby tip, both work good in certain spots, you obviously don't need them every day but they've helped me out tremendously on more than one occasion in tight places.

Quote Originally Posted by calweld
    There was an excellent thread started last winter by Mr. Hall with pictures of everybody's rigs. We're still waiting for Portable Welder's pictures, I guess nobody's holding their breath.

I hate too do this but i call bull sh$% on portables rig there is no rig thats why there is no photos
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

looks good Coal, I see you still have the patented Dodge "spill your beer into the stereo cupholders" I always thought that would be a good place for switches.

My ford is broke down so I shouldn't tease.

I liked Mac's description about how he's making the rear seat area a tool storage area. One question, though, around here, the thieves are breaking windows, even out here in the country, stealing whatever is in the cab. Is this not a problem where you keep your truck?

I also like your idea of separate tackle boxes for different supplies. You can grab the one you need and carry it into the job with you, beats having to fill your pockets up with screws, or having to lug a big box, with a bunch of stuff you don't need for that particular job.

Quote Originally Posted by admweld
    I hate too do this but i call bull sh$% on portables rig there is no rig thats why there is no photos
    You'd think he'd just take a picture of just anybody's rig, or post a picture of a rig in a truck sales magazine, claiming it as his, just to get everybody off his back.

I think he just doesn't want to make us feel bad by showing us his classy rig.
    We should appreciate his concern for our fragile self esteem.

SoCal, most advanced third world country.

Nice rig, Coalsmoke! I see you carry a lot of air with you. Is your compressor an engine drive, or is it 240V run off of the Trailblazer?

Calweld listed 4/0 and 2/0 weld cable as part of his outfit. What size/length cable are you running on the Trailblazer?

Great thread! I appreciate seeing how everyone outfits their rigs.
    Scott