Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have had the fortunate (or unfortunate, I am not sure which!) of teaching several people how to back trailers. I will have to agree with triggerman...the single best approach I have used is the "hand on the bottom of the wheel" trick. That takes care of the wheel control and you can concentrate on travel paths and turn radius from there. Worst case senario I was ever in was a quarter mile back of a 53ft dry van and a 70 inch sleeper Century class. Gotta love bad directions on two lane side roads!! Trust me, if I had had a crane there, I would have done an "arial turn" for sure. Although the easiest is with a forklift or yard dog Oh, and I will take a semi over a boat trailer and full size pick up any day.

SSS

Default Aussies.....

Quote Originally Posted by leeschaumberg View Post
    I pulled 3 48foot trailers full of corn! This would have made the ausies proud.
    Mybe you've got a little blood from down under flowing in your veins!!
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145