Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Newb

Hybrid View

Default Newb

Hey whats going on everyone. Im Zach and i have a Millermatic 251 and a spectrum 375. I like to build stuff and am always looking for new things to build haha. Few of my current projects are in my sig. ill post some pics of other things i have built later.
    AIM: Zachary188

Recently built a bead roller using parts off of a Harbor Freight unit.
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5
    Welds are def. not the greatest but got the job done.

Here is a link to the most recent rebuild of the Roadster

Let me know what you think. And also if anyone wants i'd be happy to draw up some plans for the bead roller.

Have the same bead roller that I found used, locally. Had thought of bolting a heavy "U" shaped square tubing fixture to the side of it to help with the horizontal flexing, when rolling 18 Ga. beads. Also have a small reversing (worm) gear drive motor, that I found at a garage sale, to adapt to it, through a switch foot pedal. Had my wife time my hand revolutions, and it looks like 12 rpm is about the right speed. Anyone have any experience with a motorized version?
    As it is, it is really a two person operation for any sizeable work.

BTW those welds look pretty good to me.

I like that camaro......I am suprised about all that rust though....isnt it a texas car ?

the buggie/streetrod is pretty sweet too ......tell me more about it !

dawg

Quote Originally Posted by arcdawg
    I like that camaro......I am suprised about all that rust though....isnt it a texas car ?

the buggie/streetrod is pretty sweet too ......tell me more about it !

dawg
    Well the Camaro didnt have much of any rust at all really but whoever the previous owner was hacked the **** out of the quarter panels and the tail panel so i had to replace them. And i took out the wheel tubs so i could widen them 3" for wider tires.

The roadster is pretty mild it was my daily driver untill i sold it to my dad. Its got a chevy 4.3l v6 (yea small but a SBC wouldnt fit in the old body/front frame) its just got a cam/headers/edelbrock intake/carb/MSD ignition. 5 speed transmission, datsun IRS with custom control arms. Pretty fun to drive @ 2000#'s

Thanks guys

who made the roadster...? was it something that you made or was it a barn find or a kit ?

dawg