Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I could be wrong, but I was sure that the ASME required 2.5 times. This could be just for boilers. I will check my code books.
    Little Fabrication

Miller DVI2
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Thermodynamics cutmaster 38
    HF 130 tig

Third Class Power Engineer

i might be wrong too there are so many different sections and subsections that its hard to remember if you dont work with it often enough.

where are ya from jamlit ?

its kinda like saying i'm not allowed to build trailer hitches and trailers then cz i'm not a certified welder, fabricator or engineer. I've built lots of stuff thats bears weight and none of it has failed, it's jus practice.. so i trust my welds enough for my tank .if it blows up then i know i f**ked up and will have to try again . Our tire machine at work has a pressure vessel and it is capped with flat 1/8 plate and it doesent have a tag on it :it was made in the states , in the guide tho it says it holds up to 250psi safley.... the actual tube is made out of 1/8 wall 6'' tube and is basic the thing i copyed but using sch 40 tube .
    Jorgensen MFG.
    Custom trailers:from utility to semi trailers i make em all.
    argonweld_bjorn@hotmail.com
    www.ehhitch.com

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    where are ya from jamlit ?
    From the eastcoast, Nova Scotia. A small town called Truro. I am a third class power engineer and maintenence. at a local sawmill. Yourself.
    Little Fabrication

Miller DVI2
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Thermodynamics cutmaster 38
    HF 130 tig

Third Class Power Engineer

why not just go with one of thease ??
    http://www.ultimate-air.com/
    looks cool too
    i would defenetly put in a relief valve, you never know what some one might try to fill it from or with, supose some one uses a nitrgen tank to refillit for ya on the trail, that could get realy ugly. if it has a relief valve no biggy, pop-hisss all is still good and safe. just because you dont intend to fill it over 150psi dosent mean it can never get filled over that. happens all the time
    should'nt take more than a few minuits to drill a hole weld on one more fitting and screw in the valve.
    a drain would also be a good idea as it will acumulate water as its filled, used, and refilled. again only take a few more minuits and its done right.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

im from alberta red deer area. journey man red seal and b pressure welder. running my own rig for now.

The problem with Canadian pressure certs is that there is no standardized testing. To my knowledge, in Alberta you have to have your B Pressure before you can certify for any other pressure tickets. In BC, you can get a PWP( Pre-quallified Welding Procedure) for TIG root fill cap on pipe, or a downhand MIG ticket, without having a cert for stick root fill cap. When I was working in Liverpool NS at Brooklyn Energy, The testing for certs in that province seemed to be different once again. All I'm saying is there should be better control on pressure welding.
    A fact: The hydraullic cylinders used for attachments for heavy equipment aren't welded by pressure certified welders, yet they opperate at 3000-7000 psi. I've worked with good B pressure welders from up north, that couldn't fix a 0.095" wall hydraullic tube that had a leak in the weld at the fitting.

What I would like to know is if there are any stipulations or laws as to the difference between low pressure welds and high pressure welds in Alberta?
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000