Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default New Bobcat 225 making it last

Its in I got the new 2007 Bobcat 225 with the Kohler 23 hp, w/quick disconnect cables "so they dont walk @ night". My question is to make it last longer i'v heard to run the engine to break it in @ what engine speed and for how long. Iv read the manual front to back, but i guess this is just like a new truck they wont tell you what to do to make it last longer just where to go when you need to fix it. anything or idea to make this one last longer would help.

Default Break in

Probaly would be best to change oil after 10hrs, usally they put a break in oil in them at the factory I personally don't like to weld the machine until it warms up. I think that really helps on engine strane. covering it up when not using it espially in cold, dusty or rainy conditions will help, espially the paint hope that helps.

Just make sure the machine gets a chance to warm up before you start welding. It doesn't need to be long but I've noticed my Trailblazer likes it much better when it has had a chance to warm up.

Have a load bank put on it....any powergeneration repair place can do it.
    Mike
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137