Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Memories

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Thats a good way to start a career being in the newspaper. thast oen thing I have never had the chance to do but hopefully soon Iwill for something I do.

Actually, it wasn't the 'being in the news paper' that started the career for me. I was your age, first year fresh into welding, and winning the gold medal in the competition gave me the incentive to become better at something I could do, and since then I've never looked back. If I hadn't thought I was a good welder back then, I may have dropped it for mechanics or not worked as hard toward my goals. That is what makes it a good memory.

Gold medal congradz! I wish I could win a medal for something maybe someday ill be lucky to do so in welding as well!

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    Thats a good way to start a career being in the newspaper. thast oen thing I have never had the chance to do but hopefully soon Iwill for something I do.
    So far in my lifetime, I've had occasion to be quoted in the news media twice. They got it wrong both times
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS

thats no good, you should have phoned and made a complaint.

Youngwelder, tell us about your first memorable moments of welding.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Mine would have to be in grade 7 i was the first person in my grade to weld. I seen someone who was in my class welding(he failed grade 7) I asked what it was they said it was welding I asked fi I could but they said if you finish another project we will let you. So I finished one and they let me weld everyone in my class after that asked me about it and wanted me to show them how to.
    Then in grade 9 my metals teacher got me to help teach everyone else who finally got to weld basically how to. I got really good marks that year because of it. So really after that I knew I wanted to become a welder.

Now that's a memory worth saving.

Jonny
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Thanks Jonny, I will always keep that memory close to me.

When I was in my last semester in welding tech school, after I retired, I was doing a AWS topic on an overhead, vertical up on 3/8 plate, root bead, 2 filler and a cover pass for a bend test. About half way up on the cover pass a voice, and feeling and vision a combination of all three, (I cant begin to explain this), told me to make crosses and give them away. I had not an idea on what I should do. But yet It was so clear. In a few days I had picked up a box of horse shoe nails, since then about 2 years ago I have about 7000 or more crosses out there. Yes they are free. All over the US, several Countries, and the Military. I thank GOD very day for helping me with this and showing me what He wants me to do.