Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Trailblazer 250 G

I am new to the board, but not to welding. I am a farmer in Iowa and have been welding since I was 10 years old. I have a millermatic 200 and have just also bought a trailblazer 250G on an estate sale. Serial number is Kb159349, does anyone know how old this machine might be? It hasn't been running in about 3 years and I didn't get any cables. I can get it running by putting fuel directly into the carb but it won't bring any fuel up from the tank. I am going to take it to a small engine shop next week and get it tuned up and running then find some cables for it. Thanks i advance for your help.

Mike -WCIowa

If my numbers are right in my head...the KB prefix on the serial puts it at a '91 model?

Since it has been sitting, the carb, fuel lines and pickup tube in the tank are probably needing work. The fuel pump may be toast as well. These are easily done. You could do them yourself and save some money maybe...but then I hate rebuilding carbs myself. You could consider replacing the fuel pump with an electric one. They would be cheaper than the Onan replacement maybe.

The easiest way to go about getting rid of the suspect stuff is to have them replace the lines, pickup tube and filter in tank and start over. When I rehabbed my Bobcat, the fuel lines were in sad shape. The tank tube was rotted and crumbling. I even had to take off the tank and clean it out. It was a little work, but it proved worthwhile. After 6 years of sitting, it worked very well and I had no fuel issues at all. Just an idea.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

welcome aboard.
    sounds like a carb clean at the leat is in order, your small repair guy should get ya up and going if you dont want to mess with it. some times its werth it to just let some one else do it if ya have the $$.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Either the suction hose is cracked or the diagphram in the vacuum fuel pump is cracked.

Default Welcome!

Here is a link to the serial number chart:
    http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

And here is a link to the user manual:
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o426e_mil.pdf

Hope this helps,
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency