Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop dog

Do not have a dog around at this time, sad but she would let me have another dog. Our last German Shepard passed about 5 yrs ago and she took it pretty hard. We have a black cat that wander in a few years and is a shop cat. Loves when I am working in the shop. Lays in the drawers of the shop box or on what ever I'm working on. But when I turn the welder on she leaves. You would think she was a dog.

Default Shop Dog

All I have to say is that I value everyting I was born with: ears, eyes, fingers, toes, etc...

I take all shop safety seriously, and it seems like everytime I have a lapse in safety - it's painful, like a few weeks ago when I didn't have my gloves on and the angle grinder with the twisted wired brush jumped off the angle iron I was polishing and landed on my knuckle... ouch.

My old dog (14 years) loves hanging in the shop, and if I had a dog sized auto darkening helmet for her - she would be good to go. I let her hang while I'm doing the fit-up, but when it's time to burn welds she gets kicked out of the shop. Of course she sits on the other side of the door and howls like she has been abandoned....

Steve

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.