Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Default Wish me luck

Hey everyone Tomarrow I will be applying for the welding program at Holland College. I am sure to get in hey sometimes it wont work that way. I will keep everyone Updated when i find out if im in or not.

Default Good luck, dude!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. You've got your ducks in a row and i'm confident you'll do just fine.
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Cool

Just take your time think things through and you'll be fine.
    In BC you have to go through an interview phase with the welding instructor
    I dont know about down there.never the less good luck

Darmik

Today I passed it in when I got to the college I ended up talking to the top dog at the college and he took me to the place to sign up but then they sent me to a building down the street and the weather was very crappy i was wearing my old school chuck taylors and they where soaked but when I got to the building they let me use the phone I needed to call the instructer he had me up for a half day I got to weld with the boys and he told me to come up when ver I like and jsut be a part of the class he enjoys having me there so I guess if there was a interview I already got in I sold myself to him this year I talked to him since I was in grade 10 so im very confident ill be in but I should never count my chickens before they hatch. thanks for your thoughts triggerman

Default good luck

Hey i go to Greenville tech here in sc, and u dont really have to have anything to get in the welding program. He told us at one time they would rather u have no experience? its fun though, a little tough but i would not trade it for the world. our instructors come from flour, and one is a pipe welder at GE third shift. so the very best of luck to you and hang with it. dont give up

I'm going to work my *** off when I get there I know I have the experience to get in. the only thing against me is not having grade 12 math I will begetting my grade 11 accademic i took general in grade 10 and upgraded to accadmic.

Cool

Hey young welder how's it goin with your classes so far?

Darmik, I didnt start my welding classes yet, I still have to finish highschool this year. But my classes this year im passing everything

Cool

Are you taking shop in school? Because that will help you when you go to trade school.O ya by the way in trade school over there is it modular block step program?There is a different type of program if you read welding in Alberta on the motorsports Form and question coalsmoke about this he should have some answers for ya about the apprentiship program I dont know if where you live if you have the A B C levels or if it is just BC.Anyway check it out okay.Better to get started eary so you know what direction you want to go in life eh.O ya 5 months left to go with high school you must be happy about that?

Ohh you ment shop classes, I took the only welding course our school offered I finished that with a 81%. I also took a couple automotive courses. I welded in all of them. Im not sure how BC does it but we have jsut a ASAP program for youth trying to get into the trade. I am very happy only having a few months left in high school But for us we have a block release thing we do we spend 6 weeks in shop and 6 weeks out (I amnot 100% if thats the exact time but im almost positive). Or we have a choice we can just go out on the job and do a block release and jsut go back to write tests.