Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Dial arc 250 Tig?

Hi, I'm new to this message board. I'm buying a Dial Arc 250 and am wanting to do some DC Tig. Can someone tell me the things I need to get it going.
    Last edited by dds78910; 01-29-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Smile

Check out the answers that tdkkart gave me. I am in the same situation as you with just purchasing a Syncrowave 200 last week. My post is titled Syncrowave 200 setup and is 6 below your post. as of 8:40 PM central time.

talk to ur local dealer for the proper equipment to out fit your machine. but i would find the right torch for your machine then u need to get some argon and regs.

This should work! Now can use my 75/25 mixed gas from my mig, or do I need argon?

you need to run strait argon with your tig or a helium mix.

Default Dialarc

Is that the DialArc HF? Otherwise you'll need an arc starter to go with that setup. I've got the Dialarc HF at work with a radiator cooler and it's a pretty solid machine for TIG. Also, you can still dowload the manuals off the Miller website. Good luck!
    Matt Adams A&P, IA
    Trailblazer 302
    Dialarc HF

Quote Originally Posted by dds78910 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this message board. I bought a Dial Arc 250 and am wanting to do some DC Tig. Can someone tell me the things I need to get it going.
    I recently bought a used Dialarc HF off ebay and have spent a fair amount of time getting it set up to go. All I got was the basic machine with a burned up torch (I didn't know the torch was bad when I bought it). Not being a welder I was in for a little shock at the cost to get things going.

I bought a Weldcraft water cooled torch
    Argon Bottle (80 cu ft)
    Flow guage/regulator
    consumables.

I also had to rewire my compressor receptical outlet and wiring for 6 guage and 50 amps. For the time, I'll just unplug the compressor when I need to use the welder.

Additionally, I had to buy some adapters to hook up a hose for water cooling. Initially, I just used the water from a hose bib and used a long drain hose and ran it outside the garage.

Again, I've never Tig Welded before but what little gas welding experience I have allowed me to at least do a couple repairs on some stainless. They weren't necessarily pretty but they hold.

I just finished building a torch cooler that I'll post under a different topic.

Does your look like this?

The dialarc is my brother inlaws and he was going to sell it to me for a good deal. But this weekend I changed my mind and just bought a miller econotig. So that way I should be able to do all the stuff I want to do and not worry about needing anything else. I bought the machine and the bottle of argon for $1800 after tax.