Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default need help with new welding skid

hey guys, i need some help with a new skid for my truck
    its a 95 gmc short box and if any of u have any pics or
    ideas for me it would be great

Default skid

arc if your steel looking for some advice go millermotorsports message board and look at my pics under pics. Hopfully you can see hoe my machine as a frame around it. it's simply made of 3x2x1/8 rec tubing,they cable holders are mounted on the side and the o2 acy is mounted on the top. I made bottle brackets on each,simply weld a piece of 1/4 plate to they bottom of the frame set the bottles on,then take a piece of 1/8x2 flat to make the tank holders,weld to small pieces of angle to the end of the flat after you've wrapped it around your tanks drill 3/8 hole in angle clips hold up to frame around tank and weld 3/8 nuts for the bracket to set over. then find center for lifting you can now take your wwelder and tanks out in less then 5 mins. HOPE THIS HELPS .. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY GUESTIONS..

Default cant find them

i cant find those pics but i get what ur talk'n about thanks for idea. was just think'n to hard about it. thanks again

found them finally thanks for the ideas.