Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hossfeld Bender Dies?

I bought a #2 bender at an auction yesterday that came with the basic set of dies and a stand and now I'm trying to find the best place to buy some tube dies and possibly others. If anyone knows of one place that is better than another I'd like some ideas. Also I'd like to find some sites or forums with some real world experience and ideas on the use of this unit. I passed on buying a nice hydraulic bender a while back and now I'm trying to talk myself into being happy with this one because of it's wide range of capability. Thanks, JEFF
    200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Here's a good place to start.
    \
    http://www.lowbucktools.com

One used to be able to buy from Hossfeld direct......Now you have to go through a dealer.........I believe the dealers can only sell at the Hossfeld listed price.......so the price should be the same anywhere.........could be wrong about that though........

The dealer I used is Low-buck......listed above........... Good service, no worries.......

The web address for Hossfeld is www.hossfeldbender.com

It's a good bender, makes some really nice bends.........You will need hydraulics for larger tubing....... You can build the system yourself and save some big bucks

Don't know about the dealer "having" to sell at factory list...my local welding shop gives me a 10% discount. From the piece of paper I took in with my last order being covered by the welding shop's manager's doodles, I believe that Hossfeld gives the dealers a 20% price cut. They may receive a larger discount, but for the piece or two I need at a time that's about the best I've come across.

Otherwise, check out American Bender. Their dies will usually work with Hossfeld. A bit better fit and finish and lower price as well.

If you wish to go hydraulic, the conversion is dead easy. Dave Merdian has some write-ups over on the Hobart board if you care to do a bit of searching for them. Not only did he do a nice conversion set-up, but he also constructed his hydraulic power unit form stray parts.

Bes tof luck!

I also picked up a #2 with a few pipe dies. I really want to find some 180 degree tubing dies 1" and 3/4". I think I got a steel at 450 bucks for the bender the stand and a five gallon bucket of dies.
    Trailblazer 302g
    coolmate4
    hf-251d-1
    super s-32p
    you can never know enough

Quote Originally Posted by dyn88
    I also picked up a #2 with a few pipe dies. I really want to find some 180 degree tubing dies 1" and 3/4". I think I got a steel at 450 bucks for the bender the stand and a five gallon bucket of dies.
    Contact LowBuck Tools through the link listed in one of the first replies and ask for their price list for Hossfled dies. It will actually be the Hossfeld supplied price list. Lowbuck was nice enough to send all the promotional literature available for the Hossfeld bender except for the actual owner's manual. That manual is available from Hossfeld for $10 the last time I checked.

Die sets for the Hossfeld bender are very job specific. the 1" and 3/4" tubing dies you are looking at will breakdown even further into the radius of the bend.

Although there aren't any listed on eBay today, there probably will be by next week. The Hossfeld #2 is a superb small shop bender - price it right & I'll buy it if you don't like it
    Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
    HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
    Clarke Hotshot

Thanks to all, That will give me some good starts to go with. I will look at the hydraulic threads on hobart as that will happen down the road. I would be embarassed to tell how high I paid for this unit as i am usually very frugal when it comes to used tools but after a 3 hour drive to this sale I was pretty sure I'd own it...how stupid is that .Thanks Again, JEFF

I was also wondering if anyone has used this bender with aluminum tubing. I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere I've looked so far. Thanks, JEFF