Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default torch and coat hangers

I've heard of the old timers using the hangers with a torch. I tried it the other day on an exaust system i was building, they worked pretty well.

Sometimes you get some that just don't take to it, but oftentimes they do work fine. No reason not to use them on small jobs that just need to stick together, like exhaust pipe or other unstructural things around the shop and home.

The problem these days is the questionable metallurgy involved. Thirty five years ago I used a few for O/A welding, but my wife told me to buy some rods or quit welding because she needed all the hangers we had. Unless it's an emergency it's not worth it to me.

Default brazing rods r cheap

I usually use brazing rods..they are fairly cheap.
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

I assumed he meant for welding, not for brazing.

Default Clothes hanger

I had a muffler to weld the other day on a small engine and i went to get a brazing rod and was out so I returned to the clothes rod to..i still would rather use a brazing rod for stuff like this.
    Regards, farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!