Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Cool

well this post enticed 3 more to join our ranks. to them i give a big how-do, good to have ya.
    at what point dose it go from having a CB in the shop to needing a license ???
    just wondering here.........but would it be possible to smoke the neighbors sat-dish with a radio ?
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I've had a Ham license for about 20 years. I originally got the license so that I could fly radio control model airplanes on 6 meters. I have a Futaba 53.5 Mhz radio setup that works beautifully, although I haven't flown for a long time.

One thing that upset me was the fact that I got demoted by the FCC recently. I originally earned my Technician Plus rating with code and written examination. Now, with the recent changes, I've been
    demoted to a standard Technician, a class that can be earned without code. I wonder what I did?
    Oh well, it makes as much sense as anything else the "gummint" does these days.

Syncroman: KB6 XXX
    Last edited by Synchroman; 02-21-2008 at 10:48 AM.

ive been wanting to get mine for years just too many irons in the fire...
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE

KD5AWS here in the South Plains of Texas. Just a Tech NO Code. Guess I'll go for my General one of these days.

Charlie
    '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
    '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
    '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
    '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
    Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods

AA4CB here. Extra Class. I was the last Extra class group in South Carolina to be test by the FCC. ( Actually had to go to Charlotte N.C, to be tested ) Just after I got my Extra Class the Amateur Radio Operators took over testing from the FCC.

I also have a First Class FCC Commercial license and was tested by the Norfolk field office. I don't mess with radios much anymore. I had rather weld and play on the computer.
    If I had know I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

KA5NXT
    Advance Class, about 25 years now.

MM210 w/3035 Spooler
    Stars & Stripes BWE signed by Andy

TA185TSW w/Miller Radiator 1
    Miller Spectrum 125C
    Victor O/A
    Parker Plasma 40

Hi
    I'm been a Ham for 10 years now, not as active as I want to be, just got tried of calling out and nobody responds. I must have a poor radio voice.
    Bob, KF6OFL

Default Amateur Radio Operators

Hi ! I'M also one of those . I have been licensed since 1980 .I currently hold a General license, and thinking to upgrade to Advance. I have a 48' tower and a Yagi antena waiting for me to get installed for the last few years .since I'm not as active as I used to be . I really love old fashion CW. Even if I'm not as good as I Like to be .
    so, count me in Yours Trully .
    KA0KWO.