Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radio Operators

Yes ,I'm one too; not as active as I used to be but still active and in a couple radio clubs N2CAX
    Harold
    Harold
    Craftsman Colormatic AC
    Victor Journyman Setup
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    MM210 With Spoolgun
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter
    Miller HD Tape Measure

Count me in also
    KD5ML
    Lindsey Webb

Kf4wum here. Funny how us hams spread out in other interest. Great Hobby to build towers..................

Cool hammin

The guy next door has 5 50ft radio towers and every time there is a hockeygame on he f's up my sattelite reception . I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be doing this . Or is he allowed to be on those frequencies? please help before i cut his tower's down. Jef

QRZ DX? DE WD4FTS Wicked one .... he has an obligation to produce a clean signal, but your equipment manufacture and your installation must meet centin specs to avoid inference. If you ask the neighbor, he could possibly be part of the solution rather than part of the problem ! If he has 5 towers he knows a little about radio waves !

Arrow

KS4VS

Advanced Class. No longer care to get the Extra Class, as Advance Class has gone away. Keeping mine, just out of nostalgia. Not very active, but listen when I can. Bought a new radio to go in the truck, but still havent' installed. 2-1/2 years, now. I rebuild/restore antique Harley engines/transmissions. Many projects ahead, if I can just purge my shop of customer work. Will begin building my first ever frame, to mate a Flathead 45 cu-in engine to a Big Twin 4-speed transmission. It will be use as a Land Speed Racer, as that used to be one of my passions. Whoever said that "us hams spread out in other interest" was right. Diverse bunch of people.

Jack

Phil Guest

Default first

1 st year, KD8CKQ

hello all, im not a ham radio operator and i was wondering (in an abreviated version) what one is? and why do yall do it? i was just wondering, thanks in advance. Robbie

Not yet, but I'm starting a three day class tonight to get my license. No charge for the class and only a $14 license fee. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
    At Home
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    Performance Tools 6" Bench Grinder
    Craftsman Hand Tools
    Craftsman Cordless Drills

DeWalt Angle Grinder
    1976 AMC Jeep CJ7
    1980 Ford F150 Custom
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado C1500

At Work
    Miller Bobcat 250
    2 Miller MM251s