Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arrow

i realy dont see the post man turing over postal keys to alow you to copie it to make another lock. the post ofice might sell you a locking box that is keyed on one side to the postman's master lock. the post ofice would be the place to start that conversation. a post ofice box would be the easy way out but would cause you to go there to get your mail and i'm guessing that would defeat the purpose as you want it secured at your house..

although it wont lock the box this is a cool way to dress one up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I have been thinking of having a very long and strong bungie cord hooked to the mail box from the porch bell with a quick release. Not only do you not have to walk past the porch..........you know when the bell sounds "You've Got Mail". This concept worked very well with our fake Christmas tree the day after Christmas which is stored in the next room.

Hey every body thanks for all the great threads. Been away from the computer working my butt off and havn't had a chance to respond all the posts. I have to tell you the box I am working is sorta like a a real postal box like the kind you use to drop off your mail at the post office the mail goes in in a shoot type of a front door . On the back side of the box is where you collect the mail. I haven't talked to the mail person yet to see how we will arrange the out going mail issue. I am probaly going to work some thing out with a combo lock simple enough that any cover driver will be able to open it . I will post Pictures as soon as I get it done. Gotta say I love the truck mail box that is really a neat design. Laughed my rear off about the bullet proof mail box as well. You really rose to the challenge of the little punks out to destroy you mail box .....Again thanks everyone for the treads...Keep em coming love to hear what ya have to say...KT

I have customers that I have made mailboxs for that have had the city snowplows hit and i one case the snowplow hit the mailbox and the wing of the truck was bend up so I had to fix the wing but not the mailbox . The customer was so happy with it he has sold all he's friends one and am going to have to hire some one just to help me for the summer and install them . The canadian postal service has alot of rules to met for rual mailbox.

my lockable mailbox has a pivoting door that's about 12"x 1" at the top edge. it allows mail to drop in but you can't get it out through the slot. It takes a key to open the door to get access to the mail.

A mailbox is negligible without the locking. We cannot protect our mails or packages if we don't have a lock system in our mailbox. So always try to get a mailbox which has locking system.