Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: canadians?

Down east...way down east...no not Nova Scotia....Newfoundland

Nah I'm North Shore.. near Repentigny, Terrebonne, Bois-des-Filion

Hi
    I'm in kitchener Ont. Bought My miller maxstar 150 last year to weld up some SS kitebuggies For me and my friends, haveing never Tig welded before i found it easy to self learn on. The welder was smooth and consistant i think it just made it an easy project.

I added a pic so you can see what a kite buggy frame is.

Cheers
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by everding5792
    Hi
    I'm in kitchener Ont. Bought My miller maxstar 150 last year to weld up some SS kitebuggies For me and my friends, haveing never Tig welded before i found it easy to self learn on. The welder was smooth and consistant i think it just made it an easy project.

I added a pic so you can see what a kite buggy frame is.

Cheers
    Jim
    Hey Jim, We're practically neighbors. How do you like the Maxstar? If I recall, that is an inverter machine (or am I thinking of the Dynasty...). Is it AC/DC? Nice looking work

awsome, i am a grade 10 student

where in nffld?

Hi Canoe

We are close thats for sure, I found this link it has all the technical stuff on the 150 http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...xstar_150_stl/, It is a dc machine basically only used the Tig portion but I have tried and burned a few rods, till I decided i really didn't want the smell in my house,(garage attached) I'll only stick outside now, but the machine is as portable as it gets, and really works well better than anyother machine I've used, which isn't much, pro welder in Hamilton told me to use the Miller I trusted his advice and I am very happy, another sweet featue is 115/230 powersupply with no switching means you can tap in anywhere.

**** now I sound like a salesman,

get my stuff through BOC gases in waterloo they are great, always willing to answer my dumb questions, not being in the welding trade you always are asking dumb questions.

Cheers
    Jim

Default dogleg

Hi: I am a hobby welder who would like to learn how to do TIG welding. Most of my limited experience is with aluminum welding using a MIG machine.Any tips on where to buy a used TIG unit ? I live in Ontario. Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by dogleg
    Hi: I am a hobby welder who would like to learn how to do TIG welding. Most of my limited experience is with aluminum welding using a MIG machine.Any tips on where to buy a used TIG unit ? I live in Ontario. Thanks .
    I would check the Tri-Ad newspaper. Sometimes local welding supply houses have trade-ins or know of equipment for sale. You may have a hard time locating a 220V single phase machine, as they seem to go quickly. What part of ON are you in?

Thanks. I live in North Bay. I am not familiar with the Tri Add paper. Where do I find it?