Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: canadians?

Mark from Langley, British Colimbia!! been welding for around 4 years and participated in the 06 and 07 skills canada regionals competions for welding which were held at Kwantlen College. Think i came last in 06' (due to failed uphand attempt) and 7th or 8 out of 12 or so in 07'. They were both great experiences, hopefully i'll make it to provincials this year
    MillerMatic 175
    Cutting torch
    Arc Air
    Air compressor
    Home built Gas air compressor
    Makita Grinders
    Mazda Pickup
    Enough tools to start a bussiness but no money to do it with!

Current Build List
    Truck mounted Welding Skid
    Welding cable spools (Shell Ryn design)

Saving For
    Vantage 400
    Dynasty 300
    Suitcase Extreme 12VS

Default new member

from Truro, Nova Scotia,

Saskatoon, Sask.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Smile new guy one minute ago

Denare Beach, saskatchewan. How's it going guys?

born and raised in the red deer ab area. surprised to only see one other from red deer, there are at least 2-3 welding trucks on every street. lol
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

Talking canadian bacon ...............................

B.C. here .......................Welcome new members. we should start thinking about building houses up here in canada eh? lol, it seems there will be no new advances in Igloo technology. too boot, ta boot, ta boot, ha ha ha ha. banic slap and a moose meat kick. EH? lol . give a canadian a toque and a beer and wallaaaaaa .....................you've got your self some cheap labour. ha ha ha ha ha ha. just joking.................my bad.................
    I couldn't help my self. aaaaaaaaaaa too funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

Thumbs up Fredericton New Brunswick Canada

My name is John , scaffolder /carpenter by trade.True outdoorsmen by choice.Love welding much more,think its the sparks and smell plus money.Right now I am working at Nackawic Mill scaffolding , wishing I was welding.I did win one of the Maxstar 150 STL off the Miller site just before Christmas.Just arrived a couple of days ago.Works Great,THANKS MILLER YOUR THE BEST. My girlfriend made me enter,THANKS LISA. Older Bobcat 225 Spectrum 625 Plasma Millermatic 180 Millermatic 252 Syncrowave 180

Talking here is some canadian humor ..............

Canadian Tourism Humour
    The most unusual questions tourists have asked at information bureaus across the country.
    **From Tourism Toronto, a toll free info and reservations line
    Why do French Canadians have a different accent from other Canadians?
    How do I apply for the Canadian Express Card?
    What's this Boxing Day in Toronto, do you box on that day?
    I heard about that new law and I'd like to find out... uh, my girlfriend would like to know the best places to go topless in Toronto.
    Caller: How far is Boston from Toronto?
    Counselor: About 900 kilometers, or 565 miles.
    Caller: So if I drive using miles, it won't take me as long to get there? Is that what you're saying?
    Can I take the subway to Vancouver?
    Good afternoon, I'm entertaining some executives, and would like to know where they can ride llamas.
    What information do you have on Italy?
    **From Check-ln Nova Scotia, the province's toll-free information and reservations number
    Do you have automatic bank machines up there?
    Are you connected to Greenland?
    Can you tell me about the ferry from Halifax to Europe?
    Does Nova Scotia have a dress code?
    ** From Alberta's Banff/Lake Louise tourist bureau
    "That's such a lovely flag," said a tourist admiring the Canadian flag. 'Does it come in many colors?"
    Visitor: How far is it to Lake Louise?
    Staff member: 40 miles
    Visitor: How long is the trail?
    Staff member: Five kilometers.
    Visitor: What's that in English?
    At which elevation do the elk change to moose?
    Can you book us baseball tickets at the SkyDome tonight? We're driving to Toronto this afternoon.
    ** From the information kiosk at Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Is the water coming over the falls real?
    What time do you turn on the rainbow?
    Are the CN Tower and SkyDome within walking distance?
    From a tourist who was admiring the falls at night, when they're lit up with various colored lights: What kind of dye do they put in the water to make it change color like that?
    How can I parachute over the falls?
    I have to be at this address in Vancouver for dinner at 5 o'clock this evening. How much time should I allow myself to drive there?
    Why do you Canadians have fireworks tonight? The 4th of July is still a few days away.
    Which way do we walk to get to Montreal? We'd like to go there for lunch.

A Canadian Journal
    Date: Sun, 3 Nov
    Ah,yes... O Canada, Our home and native land!
    Dear Diary
    Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.
    Oct. 14 - Canada -- it is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here!
    Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!
    Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada!
    Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.
    Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. F#cking snow plough.
    Dec. 22 - More of that white **** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. *******.
    Dec. 25 - Merry F#cking Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the sonova***** who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the *******. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f#cking ice.
    Dec. 27 - More white **** last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white crap and it is so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the crap again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?
    Dec. 28 - That f#cking weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the crap this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that ******* came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already
    broken six shovels shoveling out all the crap he had pushed into my driveway, I **** near broke my last one over his f#cking head.
    Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a ****ed deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those beasts should be killed. The *******s are everywhere. Wish the hunters had
    exterminated them all last November.
    May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that salt they put all over the roads.
    May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada!
    ?

These are actual questions asked by tourists at Banff National Park!

On nature...
    How do the elk know they're supposed to cross at the "Elk Crossing" signs?
    At what elevation does an elk become a moose?
    Tourist: "How do you pronounce 'Elk' ?"
    Park Information Staff: " 'Elk' "
    Tourist: "Oh"
    Are the bears with collars tame?
    Is there anywhere I can see the bears pose?
    Is it okay to keep an open bag of bacon on the picnic table, or should store it in my tent?
    Where can I find Alpine Flamingos?
    I saw an animal on the way to Banff today - could you tell me what it was?
    Are there any birds in Canada?

On geography...
    Did I miss the turnoff for Canada? (while standing in the middle of Banff Park!!)
    Where does Alberta end and Canada begin?
    Do you have a map of the State of Jasper?
    Is this the part of Canada that speaks French, or is that Saskatchewan?
    If I go to B.C., do I have to go through Ontario?
    Which is the way to the Columbia Rice fields?
    How far is Banff from Canada?
    What's the best way to see Canada in a day?

On tourist facilities...
    Do they search you at the B.C. border?
    When we enter B.C. do we have to convert our money to British pounds?
    Where can I buy a raccoon hat? ALL Canadians own one don't they?
    Are there phones in Banff?
    So it's eight kilometres away... is that in miles?
    We're on the decibel system in America you know.
    Where can I get my husband really, REALLY, lost??
    Is that 2 kilometres by foot or by car?
    Don't you Canadians know anything?
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

Talking

All questions about Canada were posted on an International Tourism Website

Q: I have never seen it warm on Canadian TV, so how do the plants grow?
    A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around and watch them die.

Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street?
    A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Vancouver to Toronto - can I follow the railroad tracks?
    A: Sure, it's only four thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Canada?
    A: So it’s true what they say about Swedes.

Q: It is imperative that I find the names and addresses of places to contact for a stuffed Beaver.
    A: Let's not touch this one.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Canada? Can you send me a list of them in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Halifax?
    A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Canada?
    A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Ca-na-da is that big country to your North . . . oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Calgary. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Canada?
    A: Face south and then turn 90 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Canada?
    A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule?
    A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is. . . oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Vancouver and in Calgary, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in Canada?
    A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Canada?
    A: Wherever significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Canada?
    A: You are an American politician, right?

Q: Can you tell me the regions on British Columbia where the female population is smaller than the male population?
    A: Yes, *** nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada?
    A: Only at Thanksgiving.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round?
    A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Canada who can dispense rattlesnake serum.
    A: All Canadian rattle snakes are perfectly harmless, and can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada, but I forget its name. It's a kind of big horse with horns.
    A: It's called a Moose. They are tall and very violent, eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: I was in Canada in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Surrey, BC. Can you help?
    A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go?
    A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first
    Last edited by Dustyhaze75; 01-21-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

Talking funny pictures

here are some funny pictures for you picture junkies ..............
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper